which wheels to go with?

madluke

In pursuit of audiness:)
Reaction score
hi lads

im fancing to change wheels. want to go for 18" this time instead to 19" due to rubbing and comfort of driving. anyone got pics grey a3 8p with
n
1) bbs ch style silver
2) bbs ch black style (could be with thar red line)
3) ace co36

red some posts and people recommend to go for et50 or higher is that correct? which sizes will be good to avoid annoying rubbing but still make look good and avoid gaps like vw toureg between archers and tyres:) thanks for any advice

it does look nice but i find they alloys look much smaller, how come you want to go back down to 18s then?

well 19" are very nice but rubbing you ca here that tyres noise. i would love to put 19" on again but im fed up with rubbing. got coilovers from belgium bloke (i think i should go for weitecs in first place) and they dont work well with 19":( im even thinking to put a3 sport suspension back on and get springs... all i want is nice wheels like bbs or ace co36(but with thin tyres) and enjoy travelling through europe:) (recommended to go through germany overnight - driving heaven:) especially when my missus is a sleep then so the speed is going my way:)

Last edited:
mike's looks spot on. sporty and low. what worries me when i go on autobahns it maybe too low especially when u almost jump passing bridges:( ive damaged bottom erengine cover before and had big dent in front left arch:(

who will buy them?:) ive just red mike's feedback about weitec ride. if somebody would buy mine i would definately fit weitec on mine. i got one more problem - squeaking noise in rear suspension after i lowered car. it does my head in. ive put some wd40 noise gone down a little bit but comes back after few hours

well 19" are very nice but rubbing you ca here that tyres noise. i would love to put 19" on again but im fed up with rubbing. got coilovers from belgium bloke (i think i should go for weitecs in first place) and they dont work well with 19":( im even thinking to put a3 sport suspension back on and get springs... all i want is nice wheels like bbs or ace co36(but with thin tyres) and enjoy travelling through europe:) (recommended to go through germany overnight - driving heaven:) especially when my missus is a sleep then so the speed is going my way:)

This Luke is where you need to learn about wheel widths and offsets, but yes you are right having stretched tyres does help. My friend Ben has an A3 8P with Bentley Rims, they are 19"x9J wide ET41 and he is wearing a 215/35/19 stretched on there. Because the tyre curves away from the arch, you won't get any rubbing, the ride isn't much different anyway.

His car is slammed as well. I used to have 19"x8 TSWs ET 45 with a massive bulky 235/35/19, loads of gap and used to rub all the time because the tyre was so sqaure!

Do you know what make these coilovers are,where they £199 specials lol.
I am after some coilovers to replace the eibach lowering springs.
If there fk's or similar i would consider them.
If not i will prob go for weitecs depending on the best price i can get them for.

Sorry after reading all the posts,it does seem your coilovers are pretty harsh,so maybe i'll get some new ones.
I defo wouldn't go from 19's to 18's,i would look at coilovers instead as mentioned,there are people running 20's without rubbing,so you know it can be done

they are from hottunning bloke on ebay. cost 299 pounds. they are hard thats all. i travel to europe a lot and fancing comfort ride. i dont mind sell them for a little price. in the end i may go for rs6 wheels and get 225/35/19 tyres. my questions is whats offset should be for them to fit my car without rubbing?

19" bbs ch and rubbing?? you must have had the wrong offset or tyres on

I had et50 bbs ch 19" alloys on and 235/35/19 lowered to the tyre on coilovers and never had any rubbing issues in 2 years!!

i think i got et35 im affraid and 235/35/19 tyres that makes rubbing. so which et i should go for now with rs6 19" wheels and which tyres?

i think the minimum ET you can get away with is 42 i think, so 35 would create some big rubbing issues. try to get an ET of 45-55 and you will not get any rubbing issues, unless you decide to drop the car, sell the coilies on and get a spring and damper set from eibach or H&R, or pay out a bit more and get better quality coils.

Wrong offset, wrong tyres and wrong suspension, thats why you are rubbing.

H&R coilovers are very comfortable. I had no problems with comfort when doing a 2000 miles roundtrip in Europe in 2 1/2 days earlier this summer, and this was on the ultra lows

that's how mine sits now

a309.jpg

BBS CK worth a look
8x19 ET44
8x18 ET44

Few sets on offer at £970 for the 18" £1070 for the 19".
CK silver 18" with Falken 225/40x18 delivered @ £1299

I have for 215/35/19 on a 8.5j rim adn in 19s with an offset of 25 and dont get much rubbing only when ragging it in to a corner.......

ive ordered 215/19/35 will see what will be the difference:) now time for coilovers:)

coils ordered. weitec's gt o the way.will see what they are made of:)

A new revised price for the BBS VZ033 wheels 8x18 ET44.
£599.99 inc vat be quick.....
£849.99 with Falken FK452 225/40x18

Please ring for details.
01437 563929
Philip
DSC_0655sm.jpg

coils ordered. weitec's gt o the way.will see what they are made of:)

They are very very good coils man. Excellent bit of kit for the price.

A new revised price for the BBS VZ033 wheels 8x18 ET44.
£599.99 inc vat be quick.....
£849.99 with Falken FK452 225/40x18

Please ring for details.
01437 563929
Philip
DSC_0655sm.jpg

You got me thinking about these Phil, how many sets you got in? :think: