More power

paddy

Reaction score
What would be the first stage to up the HP on a 3.2 DSG guys ??
TIA

Supercharger. Turbocharger. Why do it in stages? :faint:

i always got the idea its very expensive to tune up the 3.2 ..
thats why i went for the 2.0tfsi but yeah adding a turbo or supercharger ive no idea on the cost but im sure it will hit your pocket.....

Hi

I dont know any stages for the 3.2 without supercharge or turbo! You can get a remap, exhaust etc see you go to 270bhp. But if you want more think your gonna need a turbo! Only thing i can think of is JBS turbo's! But they cost a bit...Goes up to Stage 4!!!

Stage 1 Stage 2

GTS 380 GTS 440
380bhp 440bhp
360 ft/lbs torque 410ft/lbs torque
10-12 psi 10-12 psi
£7,000 £9,000

Stage 3 over 500bhp and Stage 4 over 600bhp! But as you can see cost quite a bit. Here two links if you want to see what they offer http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3
http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/category/71/turbo-kits
Hope that helps

Ashley

Last edited:
Because we are not all made of money !:sadlike:

lol... Yeah, I am not made of money either, but honestly, in order to see real gains you need a turbo. Real gains on N/A engines are not that easy as far as I know.

Would supercharger kits for a R32 not fit? Might be best to look at American sites and see about importing one?

lm sure theres a vid on youtube with a 3.2 with charger or turbo. rapid.

Wouldnt realy bother with all the turbos and stuff - its cheaper, easier and faster to buy an Evo :D

Just get a straight through exhaust, decent induction kit and you could remap it but its not really worth the gain.

Breather mods is what Id do..

My 3.2 had a Custom Code remap on it when I bought it, so can't comment on what difference it made. I've been led to understand that the remap is good for economy also, so probably worth considering.

I've stuck with an exhaust, filter and remap on mine. If I wanted a serious power gain, I'd buy a different car!

I've stuck with an exhaust, filter and remap on mine. If I wanted a serious power gain, I'd buy a different car

Thats my view. If i was going to spend £6k+ on a turbo then i would buy a Porsche and get the brakes/gearbox and handling to match the power.

I will look at a remap all the same thanks.

Last edited:
Try emailing JBS see if there cheaper kit because £7k a lot of money! They do oem kits but you have to email or call them for a quote. What sort of gains you getting from a remap? 8-12bhp?

Isn't the DSG box limited to the amount of torque it can take .... around 250lb/ft??

Or did I dream this....