RUST!!!

jamessg1962

Reaction score
Just noticed on bottom of both doors on the inside edge(right on the corner ) there is rust appearing !! 54 reg !!
Was going to take off the plastic strips that go along bottom of the outside of door ,held on by two screws ,Removed the screws but they don't appear to want to come off .Didn't want to just tug them off .Are they attached some where else ?
Anybody had these off ? Had same issues ?
Would this be a warranty claim ?

Make sure your drain holes are clear at the back of the underside of the door. If i park mine slightly uphill after its been raining the water comes out these holes when i open the door.

Anti-corrosion warranty is 12(?) years, so yeah you should be able to make a claim for that.

mine is the same made on the passenger door, on mine the door has slightly dropped and is rubbing against the other panel,taking the paint off and causing rust, maybe the same on yours

Anti corrosion warranties refer to perforation. Bubbles and surface rust don't count i think you might find.

****** hell im surprised! 54reg = rust! wth! even some banged up well older cars are still in nick shape!

do you mean on the door or on the wing bottom left corner near the shut lines?

mine is on the panel not the door and is the same on both sides and also my drivers door seem to have dropped slightly, its a few mm's out of line. you expect with audis hard, good quality paint you wouldn't get any rust within the first 10 years, the only thing i would think about doing would be to touch it up and put some coats of laqeur on.

No mines on the actual door itself.But on the inside i.e you cant see it until you open the doors. It's round where the screws are that hold the plastic strip that goes along the bottom of the door on the visible side .I'll try and post some photos!!!

Anybody know how the strips along the door bottoms come off after removing the two screws ??

slide the strip forward or backwards can't remember.

Cheers edition , its just so i can check behind them to see if they are rust free !!