New S3, front bumper at bottom peeling?

ferris

Reaction score
New S3 only 4 weeks old and i noticed this morning that the bumper at the bottom (the gery bit) is peeling and flaking already quite badly. I could actually peel it all off easily. Surely this can't be right??? Anyone experienced the same or know what they will do to correct it?

Not good mate. As you will no doubt be aware this will be a warranty fix (especially given that it is only 4 weeks old).

Jamiekip (sorry Jamie for name checking again!) had a similar issue on the front valance where the laminate/plastic began to split, but I believe it was on the blue bit (sprint blue), but quite near the grey insert. He got Audi to repair it on warranty.

Oh and looks like Warren has had a similar issue here.

Last edited:
Mine's on the grey bit at the bottom. Looking at it i reckon they might be able to just replace the bottom bit actually. Still a pain in the **** though, and added to the cracked window from a stone chip last week i've not had the best of starts with Audi!

Mine's on the grey bit at the bottom. Looking at it i reckon they might be able to just replace the bottom bit actually. Still a pain in the **** though, and added to the cracked window from a stone chip last week i've not had the best of starts with Audi!

This?

I can't find Jamie's thread, but suffice to say a call to the dealers is required. Mate that is a PITA and not the best way to start your new car experience.

Audi are sick of the sight of me for getting resprays on various bits (plastic and metal) on my 56 plate Sportback under warranty - must have been in 3 or 4 times now..

well they should eff it up in the 1st place! there the only ones who loose out by quality cutting

i got the exact same problem on mine... going in for its 15000km service soon so they better fix it

ferris, did audi sort this out for you? can you post a picture of before and after?

audi centre cape town have refused to fix this for me and it is now 8 months later!!