So it begins. A3 body parts and rims 4 sale...

PregnantNproud

Gears of War
Reaction score
So it seems I'm nearing the beginning of the beginning or the beginning of the end. It's almost time to mod my first Audi.

That means all the OEM parts are for sale. So pm me if your interested or check out eBaY

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/chinesegoateater

The list includes:

17" 5 spoke alloys
OEM rear lights
front & rear bumper
roof spoiler
skirts

Oh the yellow's getting re sprayed!

bodyz.jpg

Last edited:
So why cant your drive it? (Pregnant :S)

And what are you replacing the bits with (Im assuming you've already bought them)?

Not sure on the colour but with black wheels, blak tints, black mirror - you can tone it down to look just right.

Good look with the project.

So why cant your drive it? (Pregnant :S)

And what are you replacing the bits with (Im assuming you've already bought them)?

Not sure on the colour but with black wheels, blak tints, black mirror - you can tone it down to look just right.

Good look with the project.

Thanks mate! the yellows getting resprayed. Its er... a bit girly. Is the polite way for me to put it.

It's not insured yet.

What i intend to do ill keep shhtum for now. Mostly cause the fat lady has not sung yet...

Are you a sprayer ? seems an expensive way around getting a car the colour you want obviously total bare shell respray is going to be very very expensive to do this right i agree with kaz with the right thought and bits of black or silver in the right places i think it could look nice and different but in the correct way

lol i kno but the skirts gotta go anywayz!

err I dont understand that! How can you sell them if you dont have them? Do you mean the bits at the bottom of the door that need changed to fit the S3 skirts?

BTW, spot of editing on ebay LOL :

"The parts should be removed from the car within a forknight."

err I dont understand that! How can you sell them if you dont have them? Do you mean the bits at the bottom of the door that need changed to fit the S3 skirts?

BTW, spot of editing on ebay LOL :

"The parts should be removed from the car within a forknight."

LoL ok i will change it to er, wait then what are they called!

Yep, i'm selling them but they aint removed yet!

Are you a sprayer ? seems an expensive way around getting a car the colour you want obviously total bare shell respray is going to be very very expensive to do this right i agree with kaz with the right thought and bits of black or silver in the right places i think it could look nice and different but in the correct way

I had some cash of my own stashed away for a while. I also conidered it because of the amount of parts i was putting on the car, I figured i'd spray the rest also.

On that bombshell i discovered I could look for any a3 in any colour, and this yellow one had the most features for the least price...

When they wrap it dont they do just panel outers though ? surely this would be a bare shell job also ie when you open bonnet without engine out vynal wrapping would be a task i wouldnt take on and same again still means all seals,windows,dash out etc etc to be done correctly , and you can change how it displays latest post i just cant remember how

Just vinyl wrapping, a lot easier, quicker and cheaper. I had a quote for my car £700. They will vinyl every thing so no there will be no part with your old colour on.
I dont see the point buying a car and then respraying it ok it had every thing you wanted. But with the money you got for the full respray could of used that to get the car in the colour you want with the options. Go on thread tools will change it that way. What you actually doing putting single grill bumper on?

Ashley

Edit: Here a company a member (klauster) used for his RS4 www.totally-dynamic.co.uk There the ones who gave me a quote. Here his thread regarding it he choice not to have the engine bay and door seals done. http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=67557

Last edited:
the full respray could of used that to get the car in the colour you want with the options.

What you actually doing putting single grill bumper on?

I'm looking at audi exclusive colours mate. So i reckon i'll only get it if i bought a tt, s8 or something along those 5 figure sums.

I'm going to replace the front & rear bumpers, skirts & roof spoiler.

I'm looking at audi exclusive colours mate. So i reckon i'll only get it if i bought a tt, s8 or something along those 5 figure sums.

I'm going to replace the front & rear bumpers, skirts & roof spoiler.

Nice Audi exclusive colours are nice!!! Make sure you get one that no one has or is rare lol so you stand out! You can get them in A3 but would of cost the owner a lot to spec it from new. Any colour in mind? What bumpers you putting on and skirts? When i get my car wrapped not even sure what colour to go for i got a few months before i do it anyway.

When i get my car wrapped not even sure what colour to go for i got a few months before i do it anyway.

I'm tempted about that wrap. but does it deliver the same finish?

If it does, why arnt respray bodyshops out of business? Can wraps do pearl effects or finishes like TVR's? Not that i want a TVR finish but I keep expecting limitations with those vinyls...

Could be wrong i guess.

I'm tempted about that wrap. but does it deliver the same finish?

If it does, why arnt respray bodyshops out of business? Can wraps do pearl effects or finishes like TVR's? Not that i want a TVR finish but I keep expecting limitations with those vinyls...

Could be wrong i guess.

With cars i've seen wrapped by it they seem to have a paint finish. You can have any finish you want or offect. Just check out the photo's. There a merc on the internet some where thats pearl white with carbon fibre effect. Looks the business. I dont think that many people release what you can do with the wrap. And plus all cars come out of the factory painted so when the car damaged we have them resprayed dont think i;'ve ever heard of some one having a damaged ar and then wrapping it without it being painted.

I think msot companys say the wrap will last if looked after right up to 5-7years. I'd only be keeping the wrap on till i got bored and wanted to change colour in a year-2years. Just do some research over the net if you can find a colour you want and the company can do it to your finish go for it. They will put the colour on vinyl so you can see what it will look like. check the link to that RS4 there some close up shots so you can see what the effect like.

I'm confused, you cant remove them, your car doesnt have any to remove :confused:

I dont kno what the skirts on my A3 are called. But whatever the part of an a3 is i gotta remove to attach new side skirts - i'm selling on ebay!

hmm.. i actually really like the yellow on the A3 to be honist.

hmm.. i actually really like the yellow on the A3 to be honist.

To each his own lol. The yellows not bad, but the Audi exclusive colours are amazing. I guess now i also have the pick of any colour I please...

Just vinyl wrapping, a lot easier, quicker and cheaper.

I looked up your links on wrapping. Its excellent! But if i plan to keep my car for 3 - 4 years, when i sell it, i gotta say the vinyl has another 1 -2 years left in it.

Meaning i gotta put a new vinyl on. And @ £800 a pop, i may as well re-spray the car...