S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys,

I have the plug for a docking station in the arm rest of the S3

What phone cradles can you get?

I have a sony ericsson c905 and just wondering if there is a cradle for it? (doubt it)

Go on Audi web site there you will find complete list, around £100

Cheers lad

I just checked and they do not seem to do the C905 - probably because it is side charged :(

When I asked Audi about it they said only phones with the charger at the base are the ones you can get cradles for

Yep, you can't get one for the C905 mate. I have never used the arm rest connector, only the bluetooth as it's so easy. I reckon if you really want it you could use another SE adaptor and modify it.

The phone connects automatically to the headunit anyway - I do not know why there is a cradle plug in the armrest if there is already bluetooth from the Audi MMI :S

On our shape S3 the only way to get BT was to get the dash mounted cradle :puke2: or get the bracket in the armrest. Both cost £385 but it cost 80 or 90 quid for the armrest. I was a little frustrated as I didn't want or need the armrest (and still never use it) just to get BT!

The Audi MMI head unit has built in bluetooth and phone which is very handy and didnt realise until I went to see it that it had it!

Also, I love the armrest - couldn't live without one!!