Throttle problems/ vag com fault code

s3

s3
Reaction score
Hi chaps, im after some pointers to my current issue with my s3...

Ive had this problem occur the last two days now, where when im on boost the car suddenly cuts all power and im in what i presume limp home mode where i can only boost up to 5psi. When this happens i get the engine check light, esp light and abs light on.

Ive plugged into vag-com and the last few times manage to reset all faults. I know the esp problem is thrown up by the engine problem so im not to bothered about this but the fault code i have is 000546 angle sensor for throttle signal too low?

any ideas?

Ive checked all the sensors i can around the throttle body but im unable to locate the angle sensor, does anybody have an idea where it is or is this integral to the throttle body?

thanks for any help

andy

Yeah its correct, ive also searched on that site for any ideas...

its definatly 000546..

thanks anyhows:applaus:

had a look at this also......this problem happens when on full boost.....just unsure weather the angle sensor is a part of the throttle body with there not being a replacement soloution for this on the ross-tech wiki site.

thanks again

Im only guessing here but could it be the throttle postion sensor on the pedal rather than the throttle body on the engine.

I looked the code up at Gendan and its listed as "Data Communication Line Faulty " but says nothing else about it.

ok then im still having these issues, tried everything and anything...

Seems the problem happens when the car is hot and running full boost?

there have been a couple of other fault codes thrown up

000289 throttle position sensor (g69) : implausible signal

000546 angle sensor for throttle (g188) : signal too low

i have searched both these and they point to either the accelerator pedal, wiring, or ecu.....

car is only 18mths old so where do i stand with audi on this as its uhmmm remapped? I can have the ecu flashed back to std and then take it in but obviously i dont want any come-back or huge bill because they didn't make their product quick enough..

thanks again..

custom-code....the maps been on the car since last year, im running outta ideas now as ive removed/cleaned and re-aligned the throttle body, replace the accelerator pedal in the hope the (throttle position sensor) was at fault...but to no avail as of yet..

also checked all the fuses/boost pipes/vac pipes/electrical connectors and still getting this fault

what is concerning me is that under load boost will spike in excess of 30 psi, and its when im under load that i go into limp home mode....

cheers

bumpty bump!!

still having this issue, managed to get mre info on the code through the gendan site. The site points to pedal sensor, throttle body, wiring, and ecu...

So as ive replaced the pedal, tried a second hand throttle body ( this worked for 2 days ),had wiring tested and now eventually brought and fitted a brand new unit and still the same problem.

so im guessing ecu now?

appreciate any help as im at my witts end!

Did you get anywhere with this as I am getting -
16505/P0121- Throttle Position Sensor (G69): Implausible Signal
16605/P0221/000545 - Angle Sensor for Throttle (G188): Implausible Signal
On my 2.0TFSi, thanks.