Dodgy CD changer/change glovebox

jb111s

Reaction score
Well just got round to fitting a new glovebox & cd changer. Looks like I'm the latest victim to be ripped off by Ebay :(

The cd changer is detected by the rns-e & all the available slots come up. When inserting a CD it recognises the slot is full but won't play or show any track listing. This happens when I put a cd in the right way or upside down, so guessing it's not even reading the discs.

On looking at the unit I noticed it had the seals broken, so whoever had it before knew it was broken & tried to fix it. F*cker!!! Has anybody else had something similar happen with their CD Changer out of interest ?

The new glovebox is fine apart from the chrome handle bits at the front, they are a bit scuffed up. Anyone know if these can be replace easily with my old ones ? Can't work out how to get them off as the lid looks sealed. Any hints ?

Cheers in advance.

The handle comes out quite easy...

There is a torx head screw on the inside edge of the cover 90 degrees from the catch. Unscrew this.

Then pull the handle out. But do not pull the handle like you would when opening the glovebox. Instead gently lever the hinge side away from the glovebox lid using a small flat blade screw driver wrapped in cloth or a trim removal tool.

I've just done the exact same upgrade as you. Luckly my cd changer works.

Update: Decent ebayer for once! He's going to give me a full refund including all postage. Now got to find another ****** one!

I have a cd changer for sale that came out of my A3 Cabrio

I have a CD changer and glovebox for sale if needed?

I would need your gloveboxes old wirng loom and airbag key though in return.

As you may have noticed, the looms are different because the air bag key is in a different place on the non CD change boxes.

Bump!!!!

Right, CD Changer bought off ebay for £50 and all is good.

Still can't work out how to change the silver glovebox handle. I think the poster above was referring to an A4 glovebox as I can't find anywhere to unscrew it from.

Does anyone know if it's possible to swap the handles over or do I have to replace the whole lid ?

Cheers mate. I'm pulling open the glovebox handle but can't find anywhere to unscrew it inside. The only way I can see it is attached is by the two pins sticking through the holes at the top and bottom, which don't seem to push down or budge to release it. The only way I can see to get it off would be to bend the plastic over the pin, but that could snap it.

hi,
left hand emblem is just push in and push to the right,however right hand is a lot more difficult,i will see if i can find the instructions,i have done this one before
Andy