Just picked up my first a3 - 2.0tfsi quattro

pepsipaul

Reaction score
Hi there, just signed up to the forum as I just got myself a nice shiny audi :) i think its :hubbahubba:.. fell in love with it straight away!

Its an 2007 A3 2.0tfsi S-line Special Edition:
Sprint Blue,
RS4 Alloys ( i think, even though they are 18's)
2 tone leather interior
Climate control/heated seats/rain sensors
Symphony 6CD.

Ive got a few questions on my mind that I wanted some advice on...

- Where can i find a decent how-to on adding an aux cable to the symphony 6CD ( does it actually support it, no aux button on headunit?)
- How easy is it to fit cruise control
- how reliable is a stage one revo ecu remap :racer:

anyways enjoy the pics

IMGP0946.jpg

IMGP0949.jpg

IMGP0951.jpg

IMGP0952.jpg

IMGP0953.jpg

Welcome! Good choice of car. My first A3 was 2.0TQ. You have a good colour too!

If there's no button then I'm pretty sure it can't be done. Unless there's some special way like pressing the CD button twice.

Cruise is pretty simple to fit apparently. Just do a thread search for 'retrofit cruise' within the 8P forum. You'll find the answers I'm sure.

The A3 2.0T engine (as opposed to the S3 2.0T) is pretty bulletproof for stage 1 remaps. Not heard of any problems that I can remember. Mine was Bluefinned and no problems!

Welcome mate - awesome motor and a realy nice colour too.

Cruise control is fairly easy to fit - seach it and you can see and the 2.0T engines/turbos are fairly bullet proof - i have yet to see one turbo or engine that has failed (bar S3 Big Andys - but his had a million bhp lol)

Good luck with the new motor!

:sign_welcome: to the forum!

Looks like you picked up a very nice example of an A3 :) Great Engine and in the best colour. Dont think there another A3 on the forum in that colour!!! Not too hard i believe to retrofit cruise control. You can either do it yourself or get a company to do it. As Staz said if you do a search will bring up a few threads regarding it!
As for the stage 1 revo remap, do it! Will bring the car to live and you can get gains any where between 30bhp-55bhp depending on what company you go with. And you wont regret it! Not heard of any one with 2.0tfsi having problems with stage one ecu remap! So your car will be fine.
Car does look really good in the photo's! And Sprint Blue is my favourite colour! Once again welcome to the forum

Thanks

Ashley

yeah i think im going to hold off getting it chip tuned, have only just got it!!! does it make a big difference to the economy?

shame about the headunit, really want to have an aux in or ipod connector. can find a how to for other headunits but not the symphony 6cd, which isnt promising, oh well can't have everything!

yeah if you map it it does kill slightly more petrol i got a day trial ...drunk more than usual but i was thumping it everywhere ....lol but iff driven carefully then i dont think it would be much different

nice car nice colour to you wont regret it i love mine

I've got a stage 1 map on mine - no problems yet (but not had it that long).
Petrol use seemed unchanged, given a similar driving style (obviously if you hoof it more after the map it'll burn more).

Been very pleased with my car in general so far - had the 1.6 8L before and the difference is amazing. :w00t:

Very nice! Best colour!

Also very rare! Only seen one 2.0TFSI this colour ever and it was in Manchester today!

- Where can i find a decent how-to on adding an aux cable to the symphony 6CD ( does it actually support it, no aux button on headunit?)

I believe the oem ipod connection provides superior audio quality and integration. You can pick one up from ebay for about £50 and this thread may be of use.

If you actually wanted an aux cable and i waffled on i'm sorry i couldnt of been of any help:uhm:

NICE car btw

Hello pepsipaul

welcome to the forum! nice car mate, hope your enjoying it! love the colour too!

as in regards to cruise control, seems to be an easyish process if your quite handy however if you dont feel to confident at the moment then www.vwcruise.com are meant to be really good at these modifications i think it costs around £230 for your a3 in parts and labour but best to check the prices again on the website, they will come to your house and do the job!

and as for aux im sure its usually activated by pressed CD twice, as this uses the CD changer port on the factory headunit (thats how it was on mine!) If you have RNS-E then you might find this guide useful!

http://audiretrofit.googlepages.com/rnseauxin

p.s once you join this forum...modifications become endless! lool :racer:

enjoy!

Welcome mate very nice clean looking car and very nice colour,i have the genuine i-pod connector in mine with symphony 6cd player and its an absolute piece of p*ss to fit and works brilliant as stated you just press the cd button twice which selects the i-pod then what were your no 1-6 disc selection buttons now become your seperate playlists or say you could have a dance playlist on no.1,rnb on no.2 and your cheeky girls or kenny rodgers albums on 3 etc etc,got the giac map on mine which i had done at statller which is also on the hand held flash unit so it can also be used to immobilise the car even if someone pinches the keys that remap has mine running at 260bhp which it delivers smooth instead of coming in with a jolt,wouldnt mind exhaust and air-intake next but got to make my mind up if staying with k03 turbo,also you may wish to change the springs as i do because the s-line springs seem to bang harsh because there not progressive,as i believe a few people on here and other sites have had lowering springs fitted and even though lower with better springs it gets rid of this problem as well as improving cornering etc

Thanks for all the replies!!! sorry for taking ages to write back, been driving around in the blue beast for the last two days!!!! its a great car. so nice and smooth when you want it to be and when you hit the pedal in 2nd gear its really nippy :):) especially in the cornering, the quattro sticks to the floor...

Do I spy a cheeky RS4 in the background there?? Is that yours as well?

you do indeed!!! here you can just about see it and an ST in the corner!

IMGP0954.jpg

Wai-Fan said:
Only seen one 2.0TFSI this colour ever and it was in Manchester today!
well i thought it was rare, then only had it a day and saw one at the supermarket, exactly the same ( cept it was a tdi!)

the retro fit cruise control looks like it should be done by someone else, but i can do the aux in... reading the RNS-E guide it looks quite straight forward... are the connectors the same on the symphony 6cd.

well i thought it was rare, then only had it a day and saw one at the supermarket, exactly the same ( cept it was a tdi!)

I have only ever seen one and that was in an Audi showroom!

yeah i think im going to hold off getting it chip tuned, have only just got it!!! does it make a big difference to the economy?

shame about the headunit, really want to have an aux in or ipod connector. can find a how to for other headunits but not the symphony 6cd, which isnt promising, oh well can't have everything!

I can't speak for every maps, but I know the chip's offered here in sweden works like this, when you push it, it will drink more fuel, but if you drive with cruise control, or driving like 60-65 on the highway it's drinking 5-10% less than a car without chip.. and the numbers can vary a lot and from case to case..