Clutch Cylinder Went today :(

giblets46

Reaction score
My Clutch Cylinder went today (according to the man from the RAC), looks like a couple of the other posters on here, initially the clutch did not come up fully, and within 30secs, would not come up at all and totally unable to engage any gears.
The car has done 85k in just over two years, so out of warranty, luckily its a company car, but does anyone know how long a clutch change will take? Some people are saying theirs needed a new gear box.
Other than Oil leaking into the engine and causing the engine to 'runaway' (at about 35k) , and the intercooler pipe blowing off ( at about 40k), this is the most major problem I have had.

When I had my clutch changed due to the DMF issues it took Audi Tonbridge three days.

Where was the intercooler pipe you spoke about in the engine bay? I suspect something like this may have happened to me. Did the car show any serious side effects when/after it popped?

There was a loud pop at about 2-3000rpm, after which the car had almost no power, had to drive 150miles back home only just managing to hit 70 downhill, and being overtaken by HGV's uphill.

Still no news from Audi Manchester, they've had the car for two days, and have yet to even look at it.

Well got a phone call out of the blue last night saying the car was ready. Apparently the slave cylinder went, and Audi UK paid for it (being a lease car I am not too fussed). However the towing eye cover has disappeared,and no one wants to take responsibility.

oh dear! so close..yet so far!!!!

hate it when that happens

hope it gets sorted mate