tracker

cubby

Reaction score
hi all. forgive me if this is a daft question. i,ve got tracker stickers on my newly aquired a3. just wondering if there's a way to find out if the stickers is all i've got?

is the car second hand?

the only way to find out whether you have one or not is to find the paper work, receipt and receipt of fitting. you should have been given a manual on how to use it and if a previous owner did fit anything like that, there will be paperwork for him to sign saying he is now, no longer the owner, and you give them your details and they would (i think) give you an ID number so you can provide the police with it if the car was ever stolen!

yes, car is second hand . it'a an 04 plate and it's had a few owners so i suppose alls lost if it was there in the first place. thanks for the info.

if it was reputable tracker then yes deffo a certificate that the car has a tracker installed. as sometimes company's charge annual charges to keep the tracker subscription active however some do offer a lifetime subscription i think! or could be just stickers to scare people away!

is the tracker company name on the sticker if so phone them up and you can ask them or get it activated if its there .....

thanks folks. wasa kinda thinking it was just stickers! and beleive it or not i didin't think of looking for company details. ta