Chris NottSky Insurance

Thread: tracker

Neutral

Status

tracker

hi all. forgive me if this is a daft question. i,ve got tracker stickers on my newly aquired a3. just wondering if there's a way to find out if the stickers is all i've got?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    is the car second hand?

the only way to find out whether you have one or not is to find the paper work, receipt and receipt of fitting. you should have been given a manual on how to use it and if a previous owner did fit anything like that, there will be paperwork for him to sign saying he is now, no longer the owner, and you give them your details and they would (i think) give you an ID number so you can provide the police with it if the car was ever stolen!
    rs6's, H&R 35mm, lamin-x, vinyl wrapped grill, cupra splitter, black wing mirrors, de-badged, bmc air filter

Neutral

Status

re:tracker

yes, car is second hand . it'a an 04 plate and it's had a few owners so i suppose alls lost if it was there in the first place. thanks for the info.

2nd Gear

Status
    if it was reputable tracker then yes deffo a certificate that the car has a tracker installed. as sometimes company's charge annual charges to keep the tracker subscription active however some do offer a lifetime subscription i think! or could be just stickers to scare people away!
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    is the tracker company name on the sticker if so phone them up and you can ask them or get it activated if its there .....

Neutral

Status
    thanks folks. wasa kinda thinking it was just stickers! and beleive it or not i didin't think of looking for company details. ta