Replacing A3 2.0 TDI Battery

Fulhamite

Reaction score
Just replaced my battery because I thought it was dead. The new battery starts the car as normal but it is losing 1 amp constantly, is this the norm due to memory or something or should I look elsewhere?

A constant 1amp discharge is hardly normal. A 60ah battery would be flat between parking your car on a Friday evening and using it again Monday morning. The current has to be going somewhere. Maybe a light on somewhere - boot, glove compartment etc. After checking this you need to start pulling fuses one at a time until the current flow reduces substantially. Then you will know where to concentrate your investigation.

Yep 1 amp is a hell of a lot! What are you using to measure it?

Audi do the better Varta Silver Dynamic battery for the A3, its usually the Varta Blue they use as a replacement but the Varta Silver Dynamic is much better & is only about £70 aswell.

Have you got an RNS-E sat nav unit fitted by any chance?

nigel i thought i was going mad when i was asking TPS for that battery! they kept telling me there is no such battery and no such part number i had! ****** lazy tps birmingham!

i once ordered a o/s wing due to when someone decided to bent mine when i got there for collection..there was a wing and a wiper motor waiting for me!? wtf! lol

Varta Silver Dynamic - 577 400 078 is part number on battery E44 77ah 780 A(en)

thank you for that nigel, will try again once im back in the country!