A3 2009 Door Mirror replacement complete unit

shoei

Reaction score
Hi, Some scroat kicked the door mirror off my car, A3 1.4TFSI 2009, indicators in the wing mirror.

I have ordered the replacement metal part that as snapped £65.

Now, how easy is this to do?

Remove old mirror, strip down old mirror, replace old bits on new metal bit, replace new unit.

Any tips would be great.

Do I need to remove drivers side door card? How?

How long do you reckon to complete?

Regards
Paul

wonder why he did it , jelousy , ****** , personal , i can never understand mindless things like this the FREEEEEEEEEEEEK

Did the wires get broken for electrics?

I'll advise when I know whats actually been damaged.

The wire is still attached and the indicator, electric mirror still work. I've had a look and it is the cast metal part that has snapped. Thankyou very much for you time

Then remove the glass & disconnect the connectors 1st, then remove the existing remaining part of the car by unbolting of the door itself, then with the new one if it has new wire I would utilise the existing wires if undamaged as its a ball breaker to get it down betwen the door & the metal cover, so just use existing & feed it through the new mounts.

Then the other part, remove the mirror glass 1st by getting a flat object behind the top of the mirror in the middle & slowly with the aid of your finger lever it so it pushed the glass of the motor fixing & so not to crack it, then remove the black trim at bottom that has 2 screws to hold in place, this also has some locating lugs inside the mirror to take that trim of the bottom, push these inwards of the bottom of the cover, then the cover has 1-2 screws holding it onto the metal folding part thats snapped of, remove them, then from underneath you will see there are 2 locating lugs that need to be pushed to the side to release the cover so can be rmeoved.

Then you're left with the metal part & the old pillar thats snapped of, so you need to press the spring down to remove the fixing flat metal part, then take it apart & just do the reverse with new parts, I hope lol.

Nice one, I'll try Saturday. Your a gent, thankyou. Any problems I will let you know. Regards Paul

Look to the right of posts & you'll see a THANKS option, lol, no worries.

Sorted it today. Pretty easy really. Remove door card, remove speaker, remove door mirror, pull out old door mirror and loom, get wife to reach up inside door to fish through new loom, refit everything, job done. Took me about 2 hours.

• Haha
Reactions: coupa