Volks AutosJMB Retrofits

Thread: delivery date

k84
    Reverse Gear

Status

delivery date

Hi,

Im torn here!!

My car is just about to be shipped over so i can have it the first few days in August.....or they've said i can wait until 1st september and take it as a 59 plate.

I want it now but am i just being stupid - a further 3 weeks and i can have a new registration.

The dealer said however that the price for the px of my old car would go down so id prob have to pay more money

On a kind of related point. Before i went into buy the car i got a settlement figure from finance company for my current car of 4000. So, in i went and dealer asked for the settlement figure to give me a px figure and i gave them it. They offered me 4500 so 500 towards deposit. Today I checked the px prices on Glasses guide and the px price is between 4900 - 5300!!! so ive lost out on a fair bit, i think. I emailed them to tell them this but is it basically my tuff luck that i never bothered haggling at the time? or are they lkikely to offer me more?

Cheers,

K

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse

Status
    On the assumption the value will go down, can you not hand over your car at the beginning of August and wait till Sept 1st. With holiday season and such it might not be that inconvenient.

My last car (S3) I picked up Jan 20th ish, rather than waiting till March 1st but it didn't matter too much when I sold it recently. There is less of an issue 09>50 than there would be 59>10 for example.

k84
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    On the assumption the value will go down, can you not hand over your car at the beginning of August and wait till Sept 1st. With holiday season and such it might not be that inconvenient.

My last car (S3) I picked up Jan 20th ish, rather than waiting till March 1st but it didn't matter too much when I sold it recently. There is less of an issue 09>50 than there would be 59>10 for example.
    Ill not be handing the car over though until i have the new car i presume?

Reverse

Status
    Why not, it's part payment.

k84
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Why not, it's part payment.
    Well, pay the deposit for the goods (car)which ive done, then the final amount when you collect the goods (car) hence not handing my car over until i get my new one.

Or am I completely missing something?

is a retronaut

Status
    You could trade it in now and get the price on the table or wait and take a lower price. Yes you could have probably got more but you accepted what was offered so they're never going to give you more!

I'd say wait the 3 weeks. You'll lose 300 quid on yours maybe but the added value of a 59 plate will be more than that. Plus you get that nice feeling of being one of the only new plates on the road.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Reverse

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by k84 View Post
    Well, pay the deposit for the goods (car)which ive done, then the final amount when you collect the goods (car) hence not handing my car over until i get my new one.

Or am I completely missing something?
    Let the dealer take yours as agreed i.e. August leaving the balance to pay in cash on delivery i.e Sep 1st

You'll of course be without transport for the interim.

2nd Gear

Status
    waitttttttt!
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

k84
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,

Thanks - i was miss reading there.

1st Gear

Status
    K84

I'm in exactly the same situation as you, so much so I'd say our cars are on the same shipment! I posed more or less the same question as you. The general concensus was to wait. I know it's a long wait (I don't currently have a car as mine was sold rather quicker than I expected) but it will be worth it, just think, we will be some of the first 59 plate cars on the road!
    2010 "59" | A3 1.8 TFSI S-Line | Black Edition | Ibis White | Xenon Plus & LED DRL | BOSE | FBMFSW | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Interior Light Pack | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors | Tire Pressure Monitor