delivery date

k84

Reaction score
Hi,

Im torn here!!

My car is just about to be shipped over so i can have it the first few days in August.....or they've said i can wait until 1st september and take it as a 59 plate.

I want it now but am i just being stupid - a further 3 weeks and i can have a new registration.

The dealer said however that the price for the px of my old car would go down so id prob have to pay more money :(

On a kind of related point. Before i went into buy the car i got a settlement figure from finance company for my current car of £4000. So, in i went and dealer asked for the settlement figure to give me a px figure and i gave them it. They offered me £4500 so £500 towards deposit. Today I checked the px prices on Glasses guide and the px price is between £4900 - £5300!!! so ive lost out on a fair bit, i think. I emailed them to tell them this but is it basically my tuff luck that i never bothered haggling at the time? or are they lkikely to offer me more?

Cheers,

K

On the assumption the value will go down, can you not hand over your car at the beginning of August and wait till Sept 1st. With holiday season and such it might not be that inconvenient.

My last car (S3) I picked up Jan 20th ish, rather than waiting till March 1st but it didn't matter too much when I sold it recently. There is less of an issue 09>50 than there would be 59>10 for example.

On the assumption the value will go down, can you not hand over your car at the beginning of August and wait till Sept 1st. With holiday season and such it might not be that inconvenient.

My last car (S3) I picked up Jan 20th ish, rather than waiting till March 1st but it didn't matter too much when I sold it recently. There is less of an issue 09>50 than there would be 59>10 for example.

Ill not be handing the car over though until i have the new car i presume?

Why not, it's part payment.

Well, pay the deposit for the goods (car)which ive done, then the final amount when you collect the goods (car) hence not handing my car over until i get my new one.

Or am I completely missing something?

You could trade it in now and get the price on the table or wait and take a lower price. Yes you could have probably got more but you accepted what was offered so they're never going to give you more!

I'd say wait the 3 weeks. You'll lose 300 quid on yours maybe but the added value of a 59 plate will be more than that. Plus you get that nice feeling of being one of the only new plates on the road.

Well, pay the deposit for the goods (car)which ive done, then the final amount when you collect the goods (car) hence not handing my car over until i get my new one.

Or am I completely missing something?

Let the dealer take yours as agreed i.e. August leaving the balance to pay in cash on delivery i.e Sep 1st

You'll of course be without transport for the interim.

Hi,

Thanks - i was miss reading there.

K84

I'm in exactly the same situation as you, so much so I'd say our cars are on the same shipment! I posed more or less the same question as you. The general concensus was to wait. I know it's a long wait (I don't currently have a car as mine was sold rather quicker than I expected) but it will be worth it, just think, we will be some of the first 59 plate cars on the road!