Advice needed!! stupid Audi dealers

S3RYE

Interior Next!!
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls..

Ok, so I bought my S3 in Feb 2009. It was specced as having Electric folding mirrors. When I received the car i got home and tried to fold the mirrors in and i jus couldn’t find the switch? so i called up the guy that sold me the car and he basically turned around and said oh that was a mistake. it was meant to be dimming mirrors on the spec sheet not elec folding.

At the time i was well over excited about having my S3 and just sort of took it on the chin. After a few months it really started bothering me i had paid for something i didn’t have... also the fact that i probably wouldn’t have bought the car had i known this extra wasn't on it. (Had them on two previous cars and loved them, i do a lot of parking in gyms... shopping..They’re just overall very useful!)

Not to mention i retrofitted sat nav + into the car and the cheeky bastar** put a 2007 disc in!! when i called them about this they tried blagging me saying it as the newest disc..

As you may have seen in a recent post I also had a part missing from my induction, which Audi have agreed to do a full diagnostic report to make sure there was no internal or long term damage caused to the engine..

So this brings me to a full email correspondence with Head of Business for the spire automotive group (Audi Watford). To start with was very unhelpful. I then told him I know my rights and that I had been sold a car under the mis-selling act and that it was a misrepresentation of sale! Last week he offered me a cheque for £100 (value of adding this extra to a new car). I rejected!!! He has told me today that the cost of doing this for them is £600-700!! So f*** knows how much it would cost me!

What do you think i should do? my cars in for diagnostic and warranty work aug 3rd and he said well talk about this further when im down there??
your best advice please! i want to take them to the cleaners!

It's simple. Tell them to fit it.

Like you say, you've paid for it and wouldn't have bought the car if you'd known that it didn't have it. It's their mistake on the spec sheet, so they should put it right at their own cost. Yes, it'll be expensive for them, but it's their own fault. Maybe it'll help teach them to make fewer mistakes (optimistic, I know).

true say true say :applaus: i agree you should get what you pay for go get em , its there damn fault for being tits something there getting good at ....

they are sayin that my car also had auto dimming mirrors and hill hold which they forgot to put on the spec sheet. which is true. does this change the situation? i still feel the same way! mugged off.. thats there fault for forgetting to put it on the spec sheet! i dont even like that hill hold.. no for it!!

id go for the dimming mirrors and hill hold get what ever you have paid for mate ...

But he got them and didn't know he was paying for them.

I wouldn't say it changes much, options that you didn't know it had, didn't want, and don't like, do nothing to add value to the car for you. In fact they'll do little to add any value to the car, they'll just make it easier to shift. Have a look at most used cars and mileage/age make differences to prices, options hardly affect it at all.

oh right he got them instead , well you will end up keeing them and just demand the folding ones to that way your an all time winner lol....:beerchug:

not sure if you got what i meant..

basically may car has auto dimming mirrors and hill hold.. (werent on spec sheet) i thought hill hold was standard and dimming mirrors must have been.. not untill hes just told me they were extras which werent included in the invoice..

so basically athough they have charged me for elec folding mirrors and not put them on, they have put two other extras on F.O.C

but i dont care.. i didnt need hill hold and dimming mirrors im not so sure about..

sorry mate i get you now , id like to have dimming side mirrors tbh , i have the rear view one which is great for tits with full beam on behind you so id defo like the side mirrors that dim....

id just say to audi i ordered folding mirrors and want what i ordered, take hillhold off i know how to use my handbrake, my bet is that they will fit em and just leave the other stuff on ...

i have folding mirror and i swear i never use them mate i wish when i took out my key or put the alarm on they would fold but they dont , the only time ive folded em is getting though a mega tight gap and have folded em in which hardly ever happen's id rather dimming side mirrors tbh

Sorry but is anyone else thinking that the dealership didn’t order you a Brand New Factory build, but instead got the closest they could on held stock?.
Seems very odd to give you two different extras and to leave one very important one off!.
The hill and dim mirrors are irrelevant to your request to have the mirrors sorted. They can't barter with extras you didn’t order simply because of dealership / salesperson error.

Stamp your feet BIG time on this!. If not, most solicitors will give you a free half hour period to give you the best advice.

Hi

As Mitch said i'd get them to fit folding mirrors to your S3. As you bought it thinking you was getting that! And they cant just say oh sorry it was a mistake! Ok its gonna cost quite a bit to do but thats there fault and not yours. Same thing happend to another member Martin (mac1403) he ordered a Sprint Blue S3 and it never came with the folding mirrors he picked. The Audi Dealer said they couldnt be fitted to the car. Think Mac did his research and found out they could be done at a cost. But in the end the dealer had his car for 3days and he had what he paid for folding mirrors. Like you said if you knew it never had them you may not of got the car. If you want to know more just PM him i'm sure he be able to give you a bit more advise.
It's simple really you want them fitted to your car so get them to do it!

Hope your able to get it sorted mate

Ashley

Was the car a new order or did you buy it used? It could make quite a difference.

true if you bought it used they dont have to do anything as i found out but if you got it new then they have to honour it

Sorry but is anyone else thinking that the dealership didn’t order you a Brand New Factory build, but instead got the closest they could on held stock?.

Stamp your feet BIG time on this!. If not, most solicitors will give you a free half hour period to give you the best advice.

That never came to my mind but thinking about it could of happend. But i dont even think Audi Dealer could go that low! Well i hope not

Was the car a new order or did you buy it used? It could make quite a difference.

Dave has a very good point there and it could make quite a difference in what actually happens

Hi

As Mitch said i'd get them to fit folding mirrors to your S3. As you bought it thinking you was getting that! And they cant just say oh sorry it was a mistake! Ok its gonna cost quite a bit to do but thats there fault and not yours. Same thing happend to another member Martin (mac1403) he ordered a Sprint Blue S3 and it never came with the folding mirrors he picked. The Audi Dealer said they couldnt be fitted to the car. Think Mac did his research and found out they could be done at a cost. But in the end the dealer had his car for 3days and he had what he paid for folding mirrors. Like you said if you knew it never had them you may not of got the car. If you want to know more just PM him i'm sure he be able to give you a bit more advise.
It's simple really you want them fitted to your car so get them to do it!

Hope your able to get it sorted mate

have PM'd Mac1403 cheeers mate :o.k:

Ashley

car was brand new but in showroom, as in car had spec tower thingy next to it in showroom, which elec folding mirrors was on. and my final invoice!

true if you bought it used they dont have to do anything as i found out but if you got it new then they have to honour it

was brand new

That never came to my mind but thinking about it could of happend. But i dont even think Audi Dealer could go that low! Well i hope not

Dave has a very good point there and it could make quite a difference in what actually happens

I don't think it would affect whether he gets it resolved or not. Even if it's used, he was still told it had something which it doesn't, and this misleading comment contributed to his accepting the car.

I do agree that if it was a new order and had these issues, then they'd have to sort it quicker, but new or used shouldn't affect the end result.

I don't think it would affect whether he gets it resolved or not. Even if it's used, he was still told it had something which it doesn't, and this misleading comment contributed to his accepting the car.

I do agree that if it was a new order and had these issues, then they'd have to sort it quicker, but new or used shouldn't affect the end result.

there's small print that says they dont have to put anything that it said was there and isnt ...

i got my car dilvered from audi there was a few things missing all lies never got nothing back , however if its new thats a totally different ballgame so it does matter hugely

I would agree that if it was stated on the invoice and not fitted to the car, then they should fit them.

With previous A3 I had the opposite. I ordered a new car and didn't ask for folding mirrors but it can with them fitted, but the dealer agreed with me that I didn't need to pay for them.

yeah ok cool thanks guys...

so hes basically sayin wait untill i go up there (40 mile trip) to continue discussions regarding this..

should i be saying no!? and that i want it sorted beofre i go up there?

well if i done a forty mile trip and came out with nothing id flip proper , try sort it on the phone first .there's nothing to really descuss you want what you ask for and is on the invoice

he's probably gona do you a cup of tea soften you up and play you over . stand firm have none of it

Simple fact here, there is a law, that law has been broken, you're invoice clearly says what you should have, so there is nothing else to discuss with them, you can hand them the car back today & ask for a full refund anytime you like as clearly its mis-sold to you, so tell them you know your rights & the law, stick the parts on the car it was supposed to have or refund me, simple as that, they havnt got a leg to stand on mate, they really havnt.

Also dimming mirrors comes with folding mirrors so how they got it without is very strange as its a pack IIRC.

Blazin dimming side mirrors can be done on your car if you like as you already have the auto dim rear view that controls the lot anyway.

not sure if you got what i meant..

basically may car has auto dimming mirrors and hill hold.. (werent on spec sheet) i thought hill hold was standard and dimming mirrors must have been.. not untill hes just told me they were extras which werent included in the invoice..

Hill hold isn't on the options list - fitted as standard, making mistakes and tried to cover himself with bad information. :asskicking:

Simple fact here, there is a law, that law has been broken, you're invoice clearly says what you should have, so there is nothing else to discuss with them, you can hand them the car back today & ask for a full refund anytime you like as clearly its mis-sold to you, so tell them you know your rights & the law, stick the parts on the car it was supposed to have or refund me, simple as that, they havnt got a leg to stand on mate, they really havnt.

Also dimming mirrors comes with folding mirrors so how they got it without is very strange as its a pack IIRC.

Blazin dimming side mirrors can be done on your car if you like as you already have the auto dim rear view that controls the lot anyway.

names jonnie nige id like the dimming mirrors but there stupidly expensive arnt they plus i wouldnt know how to do it anyhow

Hill hold isn't on the options list - fitted as standard, making mistakes and tried to cover himself with bad information. :asskicking:

is hill hold really standard? if so that has just ****** me off to the maximum!!!

im seriously considering calling a solicitor!

can i really hand them the car and say i want a refund? even after 6 months of ownership and 7500 miles??

Dont be pedantic, blazin, jonnie whatever, I get called MHN, amongst others, lol, anyway its only the glass thats a little rich, wiring is fairly easy to do, just have to run a pair of speaker wires .5 is fine from each door pillar to the center mirror & join them together & use some repair wires to connect into spare rear view connections & voila done, my car had dimming wires from the side mirrors to the door modules & down to the pillars already so saved me little time to do, I guess you would have this aswell, so should be easy enough.

youll love this, i asked as a good will gesture to have a look and test drive of the ttrs when i go there on the 3rd.. head of business emailed the guy that sold me the car asking him to make sure it was there for me when i went down.. CC'd me into email... dumbass salesman emailed him back on reply and said in these words "Of course I can, no problem, but he will never buy a TT RS he will not get insured on it !" i got the email haha! the head of business emailed me straight away apologising. they have to be thw worst dealership ever!! and my dads considering buying either r8,rs6 or rs5.. wont be going there!!

this is all turning this into a war and im on the verge of driving down there throwing the keys at them and sayin i want all my money back!!!

I think you have to be careful. If this was a recent purchase, I'd agree. However, we're talking about a sale that occured 6months ago. I recall having a similar issue with a car (that I rejected and recieved a full refund) and the matter of length of time of ownership came up with the solicitor. The OP needs to make sure about this before telling the dealer that he knows his rights.

i call you nige now i know your name there's no beef mate just letting you know my proper name.....

i would be able to do it but i wouldnt know where to start to undoo the trim aswell its the glass what i mean i maight just get some massive gigs that go darker in the sun and stick the lenses over my mirrors ...lol that would do it

The best solution is to put it in writing to the dealership, copy in Audi customer services.

Explain the problem in full and specify exactly what you want to resolve the situation, rather than awaiting for them to buy you off with the minimum. There are so many goodwill gestures at the disposal of the dealership apart from equipment, for example - servicing costs or extended warranty or accessories.

Tell them exactly how you would like the situation resolved and what would be of most use TO YOU rather than the guy offering dim mirrors if they're of no use and give them a deadline to respond to your letter and resolve the situation.

Meanwhile make no further contact and ask them to respond equally in writing to you so they cannot persuade you over the phone or face to face.

Be polite and factual in the letter and show them (and Audi HQ) how you want it resolved.

Hope this helps, good luck :icon_thumright:

It is possible to order a car with auto-dimming mirrors without them having to be folding. Auto-dimming interior and door mirrors are part of option PU7/6XJ Light and Rain Sensor Pack (£320). Folding Door Mirrors are option 6XE Exterior Door Mirrors - electrically folding (£115).

I have in the past ordered a car with the Light and Rain Sensor Pack but without Folding Door Mirrors

yeah its not like the cars takin on water lol ... its a pair of folding mirrors i very much doubt you would get any refund you need to get that out of your head ...just get the mirrors and done ....

i know what you mean though it should be a good thing getting a new car or any item tbh and when it goes wrong you just want your money back the same happened to me DONT ANYONE BUY OR GO TO DERBY AUDI THERES A GUY CALLED RICHARD HE'S A REALLY BAD AGGRESSIVE HORRIBLE SWEATING TIT.....

can i really hand them the car and say i want a refund? even after 6 months of ownership and 7500 miles??

Well depends when you raised the issue mate, if you raised it upon receiving the car then you have a ****** good case, simple fact is you bought with a certain spec, you compalined when you found it wasnt what you ordered, they have failed to sort so far in 6 months so yes you could theoretically go chuck the keys at the salesmen & say give me my money back.

Jeremy.Hicks@audi.co.uk is the bloke to contact at audi, he usually gets it sorted out from reports from others who have emailed him.

Cant see why they are trying there luck tbh given its on an invoice clearly, idiots dont know the rights you have with that paperwork.

I tend to agree. I doubt if they will agree to a full refund after 6 months and 7500 miles.

I think the best you can get is for them to fit the missing folding mirrors that the invoice and other documents said the car was fitted with.

Do what Igdos has suggested and write a polite but firm letter to the head of the dealership setting out the problem as you see it and asking them to sort out the fitting of the folding mirrors as soon as possible.

When did you first notice and raise the point of the folding mirrors (or lack of) with the dealer?

I honestly think with out getting carried away that you phone the garage and nicely say , look the folding mirrors are on my invoice they should be on the car can we agree that you will fit them if i bring the car and have a couresy car untill the problem is resolved....

or i can go email hicks which i have his email addy off audi site he will no doubt give me the folding mirrors and who ever at your end may get a bollacking for the mess up or can we resolve this over the phone and you just fit my mirrors im sure it will work out fine if it doesnt email hicks with a nice letter telling him how they treated you like shyte on the phone trying to say you got hill hold for natta lol ....when all you want is what you paid for on the invoice case closed .....

day after i got the car, but was via telephone... ? :uhm:

To be fair, this may be why they are trying to take the p.

They obviously don't think it's a big issue for you if it's already six months down the line and it's at this point you are now wanting to play hardball.

Maybe it's just me, but I think this is a very simple case.....

Here is the simple conversation I suggest:

YOU - Here's my invoice... see the bit where it says folding mirrors?
HIM - Yes sir.
YOU - Here's my car.... see the bit where the folding mirrors should be?
HIM - Yes sir.
YOU - Well they ain't there. Agreed?
HIM - Yes sir.
YOU - Put them there.
HIM - Yes sir, but....
YOU - No buts. Cheers.

End of story.