Two DIS Trip computers?

dinothetiger

Reaction score
hi Guys,

I completed the mod to add the new DIS wiper stalk and new MF steering wheel to my car this weekend (A3 Tdi(170) 2007). Everything works fine, however i have a few questions;

1.) Should the steering wheel function keys light up in the dark?

2.) There are two trip computers and a MPH display options. Is this normal?

didnt you have the dual trip options & digital speedo using your old stalk? Isn't the newer stalk just a slightly different design for the intermitant wipe?

As far as I know the buttons dont light up, would be nice though.

im pretty sure the wheel will light up m8, and im sure theres 2 dis computers, altho i maybe wrong?

aah, i just did the mod to change the wheel, and add the new wiper stalk with DIS. didnt have DIS stalk so couldnt navigate through menus, it only showed outside temp before hand.

I changed the coding for the steering and instrument cluster using VAGCOM, however now alittle miffed at the two DIS computer bit and afraid i might have coded it wrong.

What on earth could someone use two trip computers for?

Yes the buttons on the wheel should light up at night & its normal for 2 trip menus, think about it logically & you'll understand why, its a good idea.

number 1 resets everytime the car is switch off so gives you mph, average speed etc for short journey

number 2 data is stored so gives you data for longer journeys or when you manually reset it :salute:

Number 2 is useful to know what MPG you get inbetween topups. as i only reset it when i top up!

Last edited:
aah, i just did the mod to change the wheel, and add the new wiper stalk with DIS. didnt have DIS stalk so couldnt navigate through menus, it only showed outside temp before hand.

I changed the coding for the steering and instrument cluster using VAGCOM, however now alittle miffed at the two DIS computer bit and afraid i might have coded it wrong.

so your car was fitted with a highline cluster but not the stalk to control it? Thats odd.

Its been known Ew for that to be so, they just dont enable the menus or install the stalk, easy mod for someone huh.