EM TuningSky Insurance
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status

A3 Steering wheels

OK so i am guessing this is an age old request but i have looked ( honestly :-))..........at the threads and cant find what i want...
    I have a std steering wheel an would like to upgrade to a MF wheel.........
    So what are my options ?
    04, A3, 3.2 S-Line
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    go for the flat bottom multi function s/w (FBMFS) you will need the steering wheel, new air bag to suit the new shaped airbag and im 99.9% you need a new slipring for it to work correctly or another loom! but im sure someone can help you better than that
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

Boycie

Status
    To go from a non function steering wheel to MF wheel you need a new slip ring and control module.....

I have a slip ring and control module for sale

They are around 190 from Audi by the way!

However, you will need genuine vagcom to program it as my module was programmed to light the lights up on the wheel but not to function - because I had an aftermarket head unit installed and purely wanted the wheel for looks!

The control module is totally reprogrammable but you do need knowledge of vagcom to use it!

1st Gear

Status
    Boydie, How much you want for them?
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport - HID's, Parking Sensors, Full Leather, some rattles.....

Boycie

Status
    I will look out the receipts but I will take into consideration that reprogramming will be required via vagcom!

Let you know later this evening!

5th Gear

Status
    What if you already have a MFSW and want to get a FBMFSW, will you require anything apart from the steering wheel itself?
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No you just need to swap the wheel & airbag given you have the parts to make it work anyway, usually the wheels with airbags included have the loom inside already anyway, so should be fine to buy the wheel & then fit & code.

Paddy will need new slip ring & steering module given 04 car & yes the 2 parts needed are 190 approx.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Thanks for the info guys

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Take the parts of Boycie's hands as I know they were new a very short while ago, so no doubt he'd do a reasonable price, anything below 190 is a bonus

5th Gear

Status
    What if the steering wheel + airbag is purchased outside the UK e.g. eBay.de, would it still be ok?
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    dont see why there should be a problem? i'd be surprised if there was an issue!
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino View Post
    What if the steering wheel + airbag is purchased outside the UK e.g. eBay.de, would it still be ok?
    You worried cause they're left hand drive, lmfao

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino View Post
    It wouldnt work lol as the airbag will fire towards the engine bay and not the driver!
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lmfao, classic, lol

Boycie

Status
    150 delivered for the slip ring and module - pm me

1st Gear

Status
    As I don't think I fancy putting a FB wheel on (not sure it suits a 2.0 diesel family car) will all the current Audi Wheels fit? I quite like the A5 wheels.

Status
    Good question Matty. I would like a MF wheel but i don't want FB. Call ne old fashioned but.........Wheels should be round

1st Gear

Status
    If I wasn't bothered about the MF part and just wanted a facelift wheel, do I still need the Module and slip ring or just the slip ring?

1st Gear

Status
    If it does all need coding, is there anyone with a VagCom that would kindly help me fit a new steering wheel in the South west area, though I would be happy to travel for help!!

Thanks

Matty

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well I'm in sussex no where near but would code for u, for a fee I would fit it all & code.

1st Gear

Status
    That's good to know, Thank you very much.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    The control module is totally reprogrammable but you do need knowledge of vagcom to use it!
    Excuse the ignorance Boydie but when you say 'totally reprogrammable' does this include programming the buttons so that you can change radio presets at the flick of a button?

That's the one thing that really, really bugs me about the MFSW on my 58 plate A3, flicking the left-hand switch will change the CD to the next track or will tune up to the next available station but won't flick to your next radio preset!

If this could be programmed, that would be great, it would save me reaching across to the stereo every time I wanted to change stations.
    Driving my new-generation A3 2.0L TDI Sport Quattro... *vroom, vroom*
    Stoopid handbrakes

4th Gear

Status
    I want a flat bottom steering wheel, im looking to buy a facelift DSG Sline one would this be an issue or just buy the wheel, My friend has a tts wheel with the flappy padels. so if i find a regular one he might swap.

1st Gear

Status
    Will an A5 wheel fit ok?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by murkins View Post
    Excuse the ignorance Boydie but when you say 'totally reprogrammable' does this include programming the buttons so that you can change radio presets at the flick of a button?

That's the one thing that really, really bugs me about the MFSW on my 58 plate A3, flicking the left-hand switch will change the CD to the next track or will tune up to the next available station but won't flick to your next radio preset!

If this could be programmed, that would be great, it would save me reaching across to the stereo every time I wanted to change stations.
    Maybe totally programmeable was a little over stating, he means totally programmeable for the codings it has ability for on any 8P from 04-09, interms of mfsw, sds, tel, rns, cruise etc.

If you mean your memory radio stations not the auto region ones in areas you drive through, then you have to 1st select memory (on RNS that is) then use the left selection dial to scroll up & down these memory stations & without checking I dont know any options to change how those buttons select things on the radio, dont know any adaptation channels for this either, its predefined IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutkin View Post
    I want a flat bottom steering wheel, im looking to buy a facelift DSG Sline one would this be an issue or just buy the wheel, My friend has a tts wheel with the flappy padels. so if i find a regular one he might swap.
    Generally facelift A3's have the correct steering module & slip ring, havnt yet known any facelift 8P that hasnt got these, but a vagcom scan or local dealer request for installed parts would advise you easily before deciding on a wheel swap.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyV5 View Post
    Will an A5 wheel fit ok?
    Spline would be same, but you would need to check an A5 fitment at rear if it sits flush/flat against the column, if it hits any points, part number would be handy, but why not just buy an A3 one, theoretically it should fit fine, just why bother wasting time seeing if will fit, time is money, more time you waste checking this more money wasted, just get A3 one & be happy knowing it fits fine 1st time.
    Last edited by NHN; 10th August 2009 at 17:39.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Well I'm in sussex no where near but would code for u, for a fee I would fit it all & code.
    I might take you up on that if i ever win the bloody auction