AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Audi a3 turbo concern (tune)

Hello!

I want to buy a full milltek exhaust with cat for my audi a3 2.0tfsi q

then map it to really optimize its performance..

but now lately I got a little worried about something that happened..

I was driving my touran 2.0tdi with chip on autobahn, was going around 110,120 mph in maybe 40 minutes straight, and suddenly the engine stopped pulling, it just dropped to 55 mph and I really struggled to keep it going.. it ran normally after restarting.. So apparently the chip did so the turbo died,

what will happen with my audi with a milltek and a map, I mean I see so many cars tuned this way but do the cars rly go fine if you would push it ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    your gona get loads advice saying its fine , but a few turbo's have blown on diesels on here im in 2 mind's to about getting a map it does make the car great but i worry about the turbo ....
    Last edited by 10blazin; 18th July 2009 at 08:47.

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phille87 View Post
    Hello!

I want to buy a full milltek exhaust with cat for my audi a3 2.0tfsi q

then map it to really optimize its performance..

but now lately I got a little worried about something that happened..

I was driving my touran 2.0tdi with chip on autobahn, was going around 110,120 mph in maybe 40 minutes straight, and suddenly the engine stopped pulling, it just dropped to 55 mph and I really struggled to keep it going.. it ran normally after restarting.. So apparently the chip did so the turbo died,

what will happen with my audi with a milltek and a map, I mean I see so many cars tuned this way but do the cars rly go fine if you would push it ?
    It`s fine and nothing to worry about as would have happend weather remapped or not. The car went in" limp mode" which is a safety program in the ECU. The ECU stops the car from prducing boost but will still let it run so you can get home or you just switch the ignition off then on and away you go again. If you where doing 110-120 mph for 40 minutes your EGT,oil temp and other engine censors would have gone very high so the ECU shut the engine down before it got damaged.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Neutral

Status
    Okay! Thanks for that really!