Advice please is it allready mapped?

FL1X

Reaction score
hello

I have a 55plate A3 2.0TDI engine is in discussion at the moment

in a attempt to figure out the performance i run some tests with vag com the end results are as follows;

Torque: 410nm
Boost: 21.9 PSI (peak)

can anyone tell me if this is standard for either the 140 or the 170ps engine?
Im starting to wonder if my car has been remapped previously to my owning it.

any advice would be muchly appricated if anyone can run chassis/engine numbers let me know as i have that data.

Thanks

FL1X

hi m8 can u tell me how u found these figures using ur vagcom?

cal

errrm i had someone else recording the data as i drove but its in engine then just scroll through untill you get rev / torque / torque and the other module was 34 i think its revs boost boost there are two that look the same one is atmosphere and boost the other is requested boost and true boost.

Hope that helps

must be remapped to get a figure like that unless its wrong?

whats your 0-60 time?

its about 8seconds tops out at 137 on a straight runway...

which puts it perfectly in line with the 170ps as the 0-60 was recorded in car with a stop watch and the 170ps should do 0-62 in 8 dead

me wonders....

i just dont know how to check execpt giving it to audi and getting them to check it for me which i dont fancy doing.

It doesnt feel remapped ive driven mapped cars and the powers just not there its quick mind you but its not uber quick.

F

update:

Ive emailed audi but no one seems to be able to help me there either :(
any one got a standard 140 or 170 and can run these tests?

please

thanks

FL1X

no point emailing audi you already bought the car lol ... i bet it would be different if you were buying the car and had been for a test run and wanted to know.....

I'm 99% sure they didn't make the 170 when your car was made mate.

I'm 99% sure they didn't make the 170 when your car was made mate.

Right I was bored ok. But, I checked on Audi's used car configurator for the same spec as yours and every one of the 43 cars :blush: I checked was 140 bhp and 320 Nm @ 1750 RPM. May be a fluke, but looks like Staz is correct.

Also looks like someone has been doing the upgradings on your ECU too; I would imagine 90 Nm is over and above factory tolerancies. Good news for you, but maybe not for your insurance.

Edit: this is the first 170 I can find - Jul 2006. Even that is only 350 Nm.

Last edited:
I ordered my previous A3 in July '06 and I remember the 170 was a brand new option on the A3 range. I don't think there are any that aren't single grill either.

I ordered my previous A3 in July '06 and I remember the 170 was a brand new option on the A3 range. I don't think there are any that aren't single grill either.

Jinx on my edit. Dead leg for you. :laugh:

Hmm thanks for all the replies guys it's kinda disapointing knowing that it's as good as it I'll get without moving into silly monies I suppose I could get Audi to replace the clutch drive chain and all the oils and put it back to standard as they miss sold me the car lol next service paid for and that amount of toruqe cannot be good for a standard clutch!

Think I will go into the garage on Saturday and see what I can muster

Thanks

F

ps anyone know of a surefire way of checking the ecu map?

That torque figure sounds a bit high.

I've logged block 20 on mine which records engine speed and engine torque amongs other things.

I then used this from the ross-tech site to give me a figure of 363Nm of torque or 172bhp. Mine is a remapped 140.

410 NM of torque is more than the 170HP has. I'm sure the engine was remapped.
I think the 170HP engine has about 370NM and the 140 one has 320NM.

Thats defo remapped mate....

The 140 wasnt produce till 2006 and it has the straight tailpipes as opposed to the ones that curve down.

If you look on the sticker in your boot or the sticker in your service manual, it should say 103kw which is 140ps.

Also, if your engine code is BKD, it will be the 140ps.

Stick it on a rolling road. £30ish a run will give you an answer

That's not a bad idea mate I thought rr cost quite some money but if it's that cheap worth it just to get the answer

My 07" 170 was 360Nm standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was on my tapatalk feed, never even looked at the date lol

in your defence I've done that before, don't have a clue why it does it sometimes, thought you were busy in work getting through the hundreds of threads on the 8p section

Reading 10 years worth of forums at work is a better use of my time than working

I grant that! It's honestly nothing I've ever done easily get lost for hours on here, especially on some peoples build threads

Reactions: millsy4002
VagComs' torque figures are only estimated. You've logged boost (was it actual or requested?), which you quoted as 21.9 PSI peak which is exactly 1.5Bar. However, VagCom adds in atmospheric pressure (1bar) which means yours is running 0.5 bar peak, which seems low even for a standard car.