Chris NottAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    222

    DSG Mechatronic Replacement

    had the car plugged into today and ive been told the control module is defective, ive only had the car two days, but it was a private sale and sold as seen was on the reciept, anything i can do about this?

    as vag are asking 700 ish just for the part!

    thanks guys

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    HotboxDeluxe's Avatar
    automatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, DE
    Posts
    1,127
    Does the gearbox still work ok though?
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    222
    80% of the time it works fine

    but every now and then the gearbox symbols in the DIS flash, and then its like i can't leave first gear.. it drives etc fine but wont leave first

    if i turn the car off and on again, its fine.. untill it happens again?

    anybody else come across this? i've heard its a common fault.. recon audi would do it out of goodwill?

  5. #4
    tdisportuk's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    459
    do you know the part number? could possibly try and locate one for you if i can! bad news mate! but hey atleast it still works
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

  6. #5
    V6Pete's Avatar
    Now running on Bentley's y'all

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,492
    Does nobody else assume that the mechatronic looks just like this?

    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

    Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

  7. #6
    HotboxDeluxe's Avatar
    automatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, DE
    Posts
    1,127
    yes!

    At least I hope it looks like that
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

  8. #7
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    222
    i have'nt got a part number mate, i could possibly get one, but i assume its the same ascross the tdi range? ive been told a gearbox of 2.0 tdi dsg will go straight in?

    lol and yeah the way the cars acting it could will be a transformer!!

    i just rang the previous owner, and all i got was a abuse, whats the point, why cant people just be honest!

  9. #8
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,627
    ^^ What did they say to you?

    PM Stoke Audi for a price on the unit, ask them to supply you with the part number also, you can get your own prices then too.

    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

  10. #9
    HotboxDeluxe's Avatar
    automatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, DE
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by johal87 View Post
    i just rang the previous owner, and all i got was a abuse, whats the point, why cant people just be honest!
    Loads of pizzas and taxis to their house then!
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    222
    yeah good idea i will do

    well i said ive had the car checked out and the faults been there and you forgot to meantion it too me? he goes "naa no problems, ive been driving it, dont u think if there was a problem i would have got it fixed"? and my reply was that if the cost of the repair could be nearly 3000 im sure would just sell it, and he went silent, also his private plate is on the car, which i said im going to sell to cover the costs, if not bring my money and take your car, and all he could say was il take you to court, i said go for it, and then he goes well things can get dirty instead, ive got your address and i have not sent the logbook, my reply was, yeah its a two way thing, i know your address too since i come there to buy the car! and as for the logbook its against the law to not send it.... then he hung up

    god knows now, were have all the honest people gone!!

  12. #11
    tdisportuk's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    459
    he clearly knew the fault was there, the 'silence' says it all
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

  13. #12
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,627
    Don't let him intimidate you, go back around to his house if he is threatening to do that to you. Play him at his own game and If he still continues to be a twat, sell his plate to help cover the costs. If he doesn't send the log book back then more fool him, he's liable for fines, speed camera fines & car tax etc..

    At the end of the day though, the car was sold as seen, he's played a dirty trick on you and you didn't know when buying the car, you'll be hard pushed to prove that he knew the fault was there if you go down the legal route.

    Get the car sorted, let him forget about it and seek the revenge you see fit.

    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

  14. #13
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post
    Don't let him intimidate you, go back around to his house if he is threatening to do that to you. Play him at his own game and If he still continues to be a twat, sell his plate to help cover the costs. If he doesn't send the log book back then more fool him, he's liable for fines, speed camera fines & car tax etc..

    At the end of the day though, the car was sold as seen, he's played a dirty trick on you and you didn't know when buying the car, you'll be hard pushed to prove that he knew the fault was there if you go down the legal route.

    Get the car sorted, let him forget about it and seek the revenge you see fit.

    that is my plan to be honest, ive made it preety clear to him, you know my address, and i know urs, if some thing happens here, im preety sure it will happen there, kind of thing

    right as to the fines etc... its on the recipt time and date of purchase, however on the recipet it says also the number plate will go to the old keeper, BUT im sure regardless of reciepts the number plate remains with the current keeper, which should be me, worst case senario, il put the car in my dads name, then the plate and car is his, and i have no plate or car? what can he really claim then? and then yeah go on to sell the plate and get my repair money back!

  15. #14
    V6Pete's Avatar
    Now running on Bentley's y'all

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by johal87 View Post
    that is my plan to be honest, ive made it preety clear to him, you know my address, and i know urs, if some thing happens here, im preety sure it will happen there, kind of thing

    right as to the fines etc... its on the recipt time and date of purchase, however on the recipet it says also the number plate will go to the old keeper, BUT im sure regardless of reciepts the number plate remains with the current keeper, which should be me, worst case senario, il put the car in my dads name, then the plate and car is his, and i have no plate or car? what can he really claim then? and then yeah go on to sell the plate and get my repair money back!
    If the receipt states that he will keep the reg, then you will struggle to argue in court that it was yours to do with as you pleased.

    The car was sold as seen - it's a c*nty thing for him to sell it knowing the DSG is on it's way out, but that's one of the gambles with buying private.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

    Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

  16. #15
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    If the receipt states that he will keep the reg, then you will struggle to argue in court that it was yours to do with as you pleased.

    The car was sold as seen - it's a c*nty thing for him to sell it knowing the DSG is on it's way out, but that's one of the gambles with buying private.
    i agree with you mate.. and i know what im going to do is crafty as well, but fair is fair, if i sold the car on, were would he stand with the number plate? as i cant really give him nothing back can I?

  17. #16
    V6Pete's Avatar
    Now running on Bentley's y'all

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by johal87 View Post
    i agree with you mate.. and i know what im going to do is crafty as well, but fair is fair, if i sold the car on, were would he stand with the number plate? as i cant really give him nothing back can I?
    No but as you agreed on the receipt that the reg wasn't your property, he would be able to sue you for confirmation.

    I really don't think you can win this battle.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

    Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

  18. #17
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    No but as you agreed on the receipt that the reg wasn't your property, he would be able to sue you for confirmation.

    I really don't think you can win this battle.
    ARGH i cant believe its soo hard to find a decent car these days with no problems

  19. #18
    V6Pete's Avatar
    Now running on Bentley's y'all

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by johal87 View Post
    ARGH i cant believe its soo hard to find a decent car these days with no problems
    The issue is people sell their cars for a reason. And unfortunately a lot of the time it's because of large bills being around the corner.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

    Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

  20. #19
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by johal87 View Post
    80% of the time it works fine

    but every now and then the gearbox symbols in the DIS flash, and then its like i can't leave first gear.. it drives etc fine but wont leave first

    if i turn the car off and on again, its fine.. untill it happens again?

    anybody else come across this? i've heard its a common fault.. recon audi would do it out of goodwill?
    I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago.

    Within 3 days of buying an ex-demo (2500 miles on the clock) A3 2.0TDI 140 DSG, I got the flashing PRNDS on the display. I was travelling at 60mph on the outside lane of a motorway and suddenly, no drive, it was like the gearbox had gone into neutral. DIS was telling me to "apply the brake pedal"! I couldn't even pull into the hard shoulder as there wasn't one - bleedin' roadworks. So, hazzards on, coasted into the inside lane and came to a stop as slowly as I could. I selected Park, turned the car off, turned the car on, selected Drive, and I was away again. It didn't happen again that day. However, on the way to work the next day, it happened twice on the same stretch of Motorway. So it was straight back to the dealer, not happy at all. I explained what happened and they reassured me it would be sorted out under warranty.

    I got a call the next day telling me it was a "shift mechanism sensor" problem. The part wasn't available in Ireland and was on back order in Germany, so I had to wait 9 days for it to arrive.

    So with the new part fitted, I've got the car back and it's been fine since (touch wood). To be fair to the dealer, they did keep me informed and made the whole process as painless as possible. I've no idea how much it would have cost me if it wasn't under warranty, but I'm damned sure I'll be getting an extended warranty if I still have the car in 3 years time! I've read far too many DSG horror stories at this stage.

    Oh, and I'm loving the car now BTW The DSG is fantastic when it's works!
    '09 A3 2.0TDI 140cr Sportback S-Line S-Tronic - Lava Grey - iPod, Phone Prep, Bluetooth, Rear Sensors
    Ex '00 Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo - Electric Blue - Novitec Chip, Forge DV, Drilled Airbox, LE Pedals, LE Strut Brace, Pipecraft Exhaust

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO