My 'Charlott' S3 8P build thread: Q&A here

Hello,

I am interested in knowing what pressures you guys are running, under full load, with your HPFP on S3 8P's

Anyone? Thank you,
AJ

Hi, just a couple of updates, and tuning issue addressed!

1) the HP fuel rail release valve is mechanically set to 130 bar, so you should not require more than 129bar from the ecu software. APR have been making powers in excess of 600bhp with this setting... We were requesting 131 before :-(
2) Bought Haldex Gen II+Switch, should arrive on monday
3) My car is Flyling now!

nice one pal glad your sorting it out :icon_thumright:

Glad to hear you're sorting it all out! Let us know how you get on with the clutch.

Hello,

I am interested in knowing what pressures you guys are running, under full load, with your HPFP on S3 8P's

Do you mean boost? or fuel rail pressure?

I had installed the Forge Silicon Throttle Body hose and- I Wish I did this before!

How easy was this to fit? What does the OEM Audi throttle body look like? Is is a softer rubber then? Does the Forge pipe come with the fittings?
:beerchug:

Thank you guys,
yes, now the car is really running well. I think that the Revo 2+ map will be the real deal, but no dealers here in italy. I am thinking of becoming their dealer myself as a saturday job!

The Forge TB hose is a MAJOR improvement to your S3's performance! I wasn't sure, but as soon as your car starts to heat up, you will surely see the difference! It comes as a hose-only, and you will need two 70-90mm alloy fixing fastners, the ones you screw on. It is a really bad job to fit it, since the unfortunate position, my audi service have really loved me for that... NOT :)

Anyone managed to do a mod that enables you to brake while accelerating on this car? (and without having the brake dash light on) :s3addict:

Hello everyone,

been busy with my new job, so not much time to post...

Just a couple of updates:
- We managed to enable the 'left-foot-braking', and yes, it is decided by the engine main ecu.
-I am unhappy of how the braking performance has rolled out (although the composite bell discs and Pagid RS29yellow's).
Now looking for a good mod with decent calipers...

Cheers,
AJ

Very nice car, hope you will post some pics soon :) I had a similar situation with the APR remap at first, it just didnt show any improvment, and the when I installed the APR HPFP and APRstg2+ the car was blasting. My opinion is there is no need to go with the RS4 injectors while running a k04 turbo, you wont have any more power, just alot of smoke...
Got me quite interested on the forge hose kit, and how is your reflection on the Forge Twincooler kit, is there much improvment? I live in Croatia so we have similar temps. :)

Very nice car, hope you will post some pics soon :) I had a similar situation with the APR remap at first, it just didnt show any improvment, and the when I installed the APR HPFP and APRstg2+ the car was blasting. My opinion is there is no need to go with the RS4 injectors while running a k04 turbo, you wont have any more power, just alot of smoke...
Got me quite interested on the forge hose kit, and how is your reflection on the Forge Twincooler kit, is there much improvment? I live in Croatia so we have similar temps. :)

Hi,
Audi just found out that there was a defective valve/input sender from the variable cam phasing system, and this was gave me all the problems!
For the Forge tubes, I saw the biggest improvement with the Throttle body hose!
If I went back in time, I would buy an APR intercooler, and not the Forge Twincooler, as I have the impression that it is taking acceleration away.
All the same my car is lightning fast now, I got 298Km/h and ran out of road, but the car had more! It is also thanks to this one-off CAI system I studied.

Now the car is at Audi's, the gearbox is down again, because I am having problems with the sachs clutch kit I installed two months ago: apparently the clutch+cover assembly is thinner than original, and the pump does not manage to push it all the way.
As I am writing, my Audi dealer is taking all the specific measurements and we are talking with the chied engineer at Sachs to understand what has happened!
This situation also ruined my OEM flywheel, that was perfect up to two months ago! GRRRRRRRR!!!

Hello all,
this week I had a new OEM K04 turbo installed, and fortunnately it solved all my problems.

While the car was at the workshop I had them build a new CAI on a design of mine. Here are some pics:

BEFORE
imag0230j.jpg

imag0229g.jpg

AFTER
imag0232p.jpg

imag0236r.jpg

imag0237w.jpg

The air filter has the correct flow rating for the 2+ stage power: from BMC, this filter has an internal Venturi System.
Opposed to the ITG 'No Compromise' solution, that uses an external Venturi tube, this intake requires no modifications to the engine bay.

Performance: in relation to my previous solution, the car seems to have more power in all the power band, and noticeably more in the higher revs!
Really ballistic!
Noise: the car is silent, almost stock sounding, but with a lower pitched grunt