A3 3.2 Quattro Sport Questions

daver555

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm going to view and test drive a 2005 3.2 QS this coming Saturday and wondered if you knowledgable lot had any views? Particularly if any of you can advise me on what to look for when buying, what goes wrong, driving experience as a day to day car including commute. Looking forward to reading some replies :thumbsup:

I can't comment much on what to look for etc as mine was nearly new when i got it from Audi so I didn't do much research. However, day to day running so far is great. The commute is an absolute pleasure due to the combination of creature comforts, seat comfort and DSG box. I just cruise into work and don't feel the need to cane it in order to enjoy the experience (unlike in the exige). Everything's very relaxed. It's pretty good fun when you do cane it though as the engine sounds fantastic and the quattro does a decent enough job. I guess it's not what you'd call a sports car by any stretch, more of a grand tourer in my mind.

I really love mine, and am really glad I went for 3.2 rather than S3 (no offence S3 owners - it's just what I preferred)

How come the 3.2 was dropped from the range after the facelift? Any one know?

...that and lower than average fuel economy isn't too popular at the moment.

I can see the 3.2 got killed off as it makes little sense to offer this model when so similar in power to the S3.

If you can live without great economy - I get about 24mpg - then the 3.2Q is a great choice - prices are low as many people are scared off buying anything with a big engine. But it's a smooth, deceptively quick car.

Thanks for the replies chaps. I'm not overly concerned about fuel economy as I have a KTM 950 SM to use when the sun is shining so if I do go for the 3.2 I won't be using it every weekday. I chatted with the missus last night and we are agreed that we don't want in-your-face fast. We talked about a Focus ST, S4, Impreza etc but we agreed that it's subtlety that we want. Now that the KTM is run-in I'm enjoying torque like you wouldn't believe. I'm not concerned about outright bhp figures anymore is torque that floats my boat and that's why we've come round to the idea of an A3 3.2 QS. Even if the one we are going to look at this Saturday isn't the one for us then we'll keep looking.