JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 44
  1. #1
    Mikey170's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    59

    Mapping a 170 TDI

    Just wondering if anyone here has re mapped a 170 TDi?

    i just would like to know if the car felt good after and if its worth doing out of your experience?

    cheers.
    2.0 TDI / S line / 18inch rs6's / 170 BHP / Bose / Full leather / 256 TORQUES....
    + =

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    i've got no experience of the audi engine but i think its the same engine as in the passat rite?

    i fitted a BSR pcc tuning map to 1 a while ago and it hit 207 bhp on a rolling road not long after i was quite impressed with the way the car preformed very smooth


  4. #3
    devonmikeyboy's Avatar
    As far from JBS as possible !

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,257
    If your asking about the PD170 then Performance Torque can map out and remove the DPF and get about 220-230 bhp.
    Last edited by devonmikeyboy; 15th July 2009 at 12:34.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

    Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

  5. #4
    mikep's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wetheringsett, Suffolk
    Posts
    591
    I remapped a 170PD last week, quite impressed by the result as the standard map is quite lumpy compared to the 140PD engine.
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

  6. #5
    Munnzzz's Avatar
    Top Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    If your asking about the PD170 then Performance Torque can map out and remove the DPF and get about 220-230 bhp.
    Can i achieve these numbers if ive got the S-tronic gearbox?
    2007 57 A3 Diesel Hatchback 2.0 TDi 170 S-line 3dr S-Tronic
    Extras - Black Styling Pack, Xenon Headlights, Privacy Glass, 18" 20 Spoke Alloy Wheels, Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, IPOD connection, BOSE sound system, De-badged Rear Tailgate

  7. #6
    devonmikeyboy's Avatar
    As far from JBS as possible !

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,257
    I know nothing about the S-tronic box so best phone and ask them.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

    Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    12
    had my 170tdi sportback remapped by colin http://www.cnlremappingltd.co.uk/ the car does respond better can ride around all day in 5th/6th and the economy does seem to have improved.At mid range the car now pulls like no other diesel ive had, get it remapped!!

  9. #8
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    421
    Has anyone had DPF / Engine management problems after a remap?

    I was chatting to someone the other day and he (along with other 170 TDI owners) confirmed that he'd had issues with his and had to revert to standard map.
    A3 2.0TDI 170 Sport

  10. #9
    norm29's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42
    no issues with mine Im running 200+ BHP, saving for the DPF removal, just theres an issue with mine being a quattro...

  11. #10
    Mikey170's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    59
    a mapping garage told me i had to replace something before mapping it, the down pipe or sommet.
    2.0 TDI / S line / 18inch rs6's / 170 BHP / Bose / Full leather / 256 TORQUES....
    + =

  12. #11
    devonmikeyboy's Avatar
    As far from JBS as possible !

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey170 View Post
    a mapping garage told me i had to replace something before mapping it, the down pipe or sommet.
    That will be the DPF which is built into the downpipe which causes all the problems. The DPF doesn`t have to be removed for remapping but if the DPF is still fitted the power has to be limited to 200 bhp plus the likelyhood of DPF problems as it`s prone to playing up on stock cars. Remove the DPF and have 220-230 bhp and never again any DPF issues so to me it`s a no brainer to keep the DPF if your going to remap the car.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

    Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

  13. #12
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    That will be the DPF which is built into the downpipe which causes all the problems. The DPF doesn`t have to be removed for remapping but if the DPF is still fitted the power has to be limited to 200 bhp plus the likelyhood of DPF problems as it`s prone to playing up on stock cars. Remove the DPF and have 220-230 bhp and never again any DPF issues so to me it`s a no brainer to keep the DPF if your going to remap the car.
    Ooooo sounds interesting
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  14. #13
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    I can only find places that give like a 25-30bhp increased, how come P-Torque can give you 220-230? Just by removing the DPF?
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  15. #14
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    P-Torque are excellent, I'll ask what about the 170 next time I chat to him Jords.

  16. #15
    stealth64's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Mids
    Posts
    233
    I dont think its just a case of removeing DPF, i think you need to remove and replace the downpipe to do this and its a case of is the juice is worth the squeeze? after you weigh up the cost for those xtra horses!


    edited as i couldn't spell sqeeze! what a dumb ass!!!
    Last edited by stealth64; 3rd December 2009 at 22:06.

    Ride: 520d M Sport Cobolt Black, 19" Spyders

    Previous rides:
    2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Lava Grey - Sportback

  17. #16
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    P-Torque are excellent, I'll ask what about the 170 next time I chat to him Jords.
    Cheers bud
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  18. #17
    A3TDI

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    116
    are the 140 tdi's fitted with a DPF? If so am i right in thinking fitting a milltek downpipe would remove the this?
    Audi A3 2.0Tdi Sport - Personalised Plate, 19" RS6 Wheels, Smoked Rear Lights, Tinted Windows, S3 Rear Bumper, Westfalia Detatchable Towbar, Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust System, Hybrid Turbo, BMC CDA Forced Induction, 345mm Front Brake Upgrade, 310mm Rear Brake Upgrade, EGR Bypass, Custom Stage 2 Remap, Cruise Control, De-Wipered, Bose Speakers, S3 Mirrors, S3 Side Skirts, S3 Boot Spoiler...

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance-22 View Post
    are the 140 tdi's fitted with a DPF? If so am i right in thinking fitting a milltek downpipe would remove the this?
    The latest common-rail 140 TDIs are fitted with a DPF. On the previous PD engines only the 170 had the DPF and not the 140.

    I recently had my common-rail 140TDI remapped by Performance Torque in Wolverhampton and have been pleased with the results.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  20. #19
    V6Pete's Avatar
    Now running on Bentley's y'all

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    The latest common-rail 140 TDIs are fitted with a DPF. On the previous PD engines only the 170 had the DPF and not the 140.

    I recently had my common-rail 140TDI remapped by Performance Torque in Wolverhampton and have been pleased with the results.
    Interesting to hear you've mapped the car, as I'm sure I remember you criticising remaps in the past. What reason for the change of heart?

    Any idea of the BHP / torque increase on their map? I've got a mate with the same engine who was considering a P-Torque map.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

    Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

  21. #20
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    P-Torque are excellent Pete, tell him to get it done, I got told some 140s did come with a DPF (non CR's)

  22. #21
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Let me know when you've spoken to P-Torque Nath
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  23. #22
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I will Jords.

  24. #23
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    46
    I'm going for the Bluefin, brings the 170bhp to near 200... more than enough! especially for 350..

    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=856787

    Come and join us!
    2008 Audi A3
    2.0 TDI 170
    S-Line
    3dr
    Silver / Black Leather

    now with Sat Navigation, Cruise Control and Parking Sensors.

  25. #24
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    I looked at the bluefin, but by doing a bit of research you need to remove the DPF to stop the 170 becoming a bit lumpy with a map, and i don't know if the Bluefin map would accomodate for having the DPF removed....
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  26. #25
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    46
    Really, I heard they had a few problems with it initially as it wasn't available with Bluefin but I thought all the issues were resolved.
    Where did you read about having to remove the DPF..?
    2008 Audi A3
    2.0 TDI 170
    S-Line
    3dr
    Silver / Black Leather

    now with Sat Navigation, Cruise Control and Parking Sensors.

  27. #26
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneranger View Post
    Really, I heard they had a few problems with it initially as it wasn't available with Bluefin but I thought all the issues were resolved.
    Where did you read about having to remove the DPF..?
    This thread

    Read from the start bud
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  28. #27
    stealth64's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Mids
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    That will be the DPF which is built into the downpipe which causes all the problems. The DPF doesn`t have to be removed for remapping but if the DPF is still fitted the power has to be limited to 200 bhp plus the likelyhood of DPF problems as it`s prone to playing up on stock cars. Remove the DPF and have 220-230 bhp and never again any DPF issues so to me it`s a no brainer to keep the DPF if your going to remap the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    I looked at the bluefin, but by doing a bit of research you need to remove the DPF to stop the 170 becoming a bit lumpy with a map, and i don't know if the Bluefin map would accomodate for having the DPF removed....
    The bluefin will accomodate for this as it will only give around an extra 30bhp, therefore keeping it under the 200bhp mark. The DPF needs to be removed for tuning in excess of this!

    If you send your oem map to superchips they will customise it for your vehicle, so may cover you for tuning after the DPF is removed and certainly remove any lumps, the maps are designed to make your power delivery smooth so a call to customer support should solve this.

    Take a little of your own advise smudge?!
    Last edited by stealth64; 4th December 2009 at 13:02.

    Ride: 520d M Sport Cobolt Black, 19" Spyders

    Previous rides:
    2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Lava Grey - Sportback

  29. #28
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    46
    I'm still going for Bluefin... come on you know you want too!
    2008 Audi A3
    2.0 TDI 170
    S-Line
    3dr
    Silver / Black Leather

    now with Sat Navigation, Cruise Control and Parking Sensors.

  30. #29
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth64 View Post
    The bluefin will accomodate for this as it will only give around an extra 30bhp, therefore keeping it under the 200bhp mark. The DPF needs to be removed for tuning in excess of this!

    If you send your oem map to superchips they will customise it for your vehicle, so may cover you for tuning after the DPF is removed and certainly remove any lumps, the maps are designed to make your power delivery smooth so a call to customer support should solve this.

    Take a little of your own advise smudge?!
    Didn't know that Superchips can do their own custom stuff

    Other maps seem to give about 35-45bhp increase from what i've read, but they remove the DPF

    So if i removed the DPF, and then took my car to Superchips, they can do something custom for it?
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  31. #30
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    46
    Why would you want to go back to a smokey diesel for the sake of 15 BHP....
    2008 Audi A3
    2.0 TDI 170
    S-Line
    3dr
    Silver / Black Leather

    now with Sat Navigation, Cruise Control and Parking Sensors.

  32. #31
    stealth64's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Mids
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Didn't know that Superchips can do their own custom stuff

    Other maps seem to give about 35-45bhp increase from what i've read, but they remove the DPF

    So if i removed the DPF, and then took my car to Superchips, they can do something custom for it?
    I would give them a call and make sure to if im honest!

    Ride: 520d M Sport Cobolt Black, 19" Spyders

    Previous rides:
    2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Lava Grey - Sportback

  33. #32
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth64 View Post
    I would give them a call and make sure to if im honest!
    I'll drop them an email and report back
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  34. #33
    stealth64's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Mids
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    I'll drop them an email and report back
    Just spoke to them as I had a few queries to get answered, they do a stage 2 remap, so you would need to remove your downpipe, put on a sportscat, and cold air intake and they would send you a new map (for a small fee!).

    Ride: 520d M Sport Cobolt Black, 19" Spyders

    Previous rides:
    2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Lava Grey - Sportback

  35. #34
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth64 View Post
    Just spoke to them as I had a few queries to get answered, they do a stage 2 remap, so you would need to remove your downpipe, put on a sportscat, and cold air intake and they would send you a new map (for a small fee!).
    Any idea of the "small fee" and what sort of figures you can look at afterwards?
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  36. #35
    devonmikeyboy's Avatar
    As far from JBS as possible !

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,257
    And why the hell would you want to spend hundreds on a sports CAT when a CAT isn`t needed on UK roads? A CAT and a DPF are two totally different devices.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

    Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

  37. #36
    stealth64's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Mids
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Any idea of the "small fee" and what sort of figures you can look at afterwards?
    50 for the Stage 2 map, not sure of the gains though!

    To be honest and if it was me, by the time you have done all the mods and upgrades needed for this you could have just bought an s3!

    I think the bluefins are more for people wanting a reasonable power gain with smoother delivery, a few mpg is a bonus. If your looking at removing DPF and upgrading the exhaust for serious gains you would probably just be better off going to a specialist.

    Ride: 520d M Sport Cobolt Black, 19" Spyders

    Previous rides:
    2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Lava Grey - Sportback

  38. #37
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth64 View Post
    50 for the Stage 2 map, not sure of the gains though!

    To be honest and if it was me, by the time you have done all the mods and upgrades needed for this you could have just bought an s3!

    I think the bluefins are more for people wanting a reasonable power gain with smoother delivery, a few mpg is a bonus. If your looking at removing DPF and upgrading the exhaust for serious gains you would probably just be better off going to a specialist.
    With me being 19 and the amount of miles i do, a diesel is the only option for insurance and MPG
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  39. #38
    Sam DSG's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    30
    ive got the dpf delete pipe and and a custom code remap, running on a dsg gear box, havnt had any problems or dash lights comin on. the car pulls like a train now sounds great with the full milltek too :D
    Audi A3 170 TDI S-Line now 220+, Dolphin Grey, Milltek DPF Delete, Milltek Cat Back (non res), Facelift Rear Lights, Custom Code Remap, Bilstein Coilovers, Bose with 12' Sub in the boot

    Audi RS6 C5 White with a black roof, wheels and mirrors (but watch this space!) Bilstein PSS9, Full turbo back (no cats) Milltek no res exhaust, K&N Panels and a Revo stage two map (coming soon - hotchkis ARB's and brake upgrade)

  40. #39
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam DSG View Post
    ive got the dpf delete pipe and and a custom code remap, running on a dsg gear box, havnt had any problems or dash lights comin on. the car pulls like a train now sounds great with the full milltek too :D
    Nice, what sort of power you running now Sam? Where did. you get it done and how much?
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  41. #40
    Matt's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    1,416
    How many people are running the bluefin map on here? I'm really tempted to get in on the group buy if I can get some feedback from people to say they have had no problems with it and have been impressed with it!

    348 is a very good price.
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO