AH FabricationsBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Shock horror and shock again!

Hi folks!

New to this site and so thought I'd say hi plus also get some advice on what to do!

Was washing the car the other day when to my horror there is a huge chip(to me!) out my alloy! I've got a Black Edition sportsback and had it for little under 3 months.

With the alloys being coated i dont know if they can be repaired and dont want to drive around in the winter with salt on the roads and the wheel like that!

Any tips on what to do or anyone know the cost of a new alloy??

Here's some pics,

Cheers!

oh I am having a little more luck than one of my mates, he had it a month!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    You can repair that, it's not polished and lacquered alloy so you should be fine, a refurb for one wheel is around 50.

What happened to the R8?

Last edited by AidenUK; 15th July 2009 at 11:41.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

Neutral

Status
    i'd be gutted if i damaged my r8 like that.
    2.0 TDI / S line / 18inch rs6's / 170 BHP / Bose / Full leather / 256 TORQUES....
    + =

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post

What happened to the R8?

It lost!

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

automatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kempus View Post
    That R8 is just pickin' chicken from between its teeth, with car-sized toothpicks
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Thats not a HUGE chip,kempus!

I know how you feel though,i've never kerbed my alloys,but they do have a few stone chips and a chunk out of the rim - i guess it must have bottomed out in a pothole

As mentioned,it's easily sorted,just be careful of 'some' of the mobile repairers,as quality does vary!!

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the quick replies! Will look into that but anyone recommend a good place in central Scotland?

As for the R8 it aquaplaned on an A road and decided it wanted to go off road! The fence post just infront of the drivers door went through to the center console just missing my friends knees! lucky boy!

1st Gear

Status
    Where abouts are you mate? If you're in the south east I'd recommend Lepsons. They will have it back to perfect condition for you. About 53 + vat a wheel. Shame it's such a small chip. Might be worth kerbing the crap out of it properly if you go the lepsons route so you feel you're getting your money's worth!

http://www.lepsons.com/

Had a couple of wheels done there myself and they are 100% perfect now. Like having brought a brand new alloy!
    Sold:Audi S3 (2008 8P2 with upgrades by NHN)
    Phantom Black
    , Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Parking Sensors, FBMFSW, Armrest Phone Prep, Privacy Glass, ILP, FTW, BOSE, RNSE MkII SDS & AMI, Cruise Control, MY11 Folding/Dimming Mirrors, MY11 Rear Lights, Auto Lights/Wipers

2nd Gear

Status
    ouch @ the r8!

hope you get your alloy sorted mate

LOL @ HotboxDeluxe's comment haha