JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 3.2 questions

Ok i'm currently running a vauxhall astra van 1.9 cdti remapped to 200bhp

But it just breaks alot turbo last week air con this week its a joke so its off

i'm after a A3 3.2 v6 but i have a few questions

1. would the 09 led day light running lights fit to a earlier model? i understand i mite have to change whole front end lights, grill bonnet bumper? any1 done this and what costs are involved?

2. i'm looking into adding a turbo to this engine maybe next year and taking it to 400bhp what else do i need to do other than add a turbo and intercooler? again what costs are involved?

3. at 400bhp is the 3.2 v6 lump reliable? are there any issues with the clutch and gearbox?

4. Did the titanium package ever make it onto the a3? i saw a mock up of what it would look like a while back and it looked rather nice

cheers in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky28 View Post
    Ok i'm currently running a vauxhall astra van 1.9 cdti remapped to 200bhp

But it just breaks alot turbo last week air con this week its a joke so its off

i'm after a A3 3.2 v6 but i have a few questions

1. would the 09 led day light running lights fit to a earlier model? i understand i mite have to change whole front end lights, grill bonnet bumper? any1 done this and what costs are involved?

2. i'm looking into adding a turbo to this engine maybe next year and taking it to 400bhp what else do i need to do other than add a turbo and intercooler? again what costs are involved?

3. at 400bhp is the 3.2 v6 lump reliable? are there any issues with the clutch and gearbox?

4. Did the titanium package ever make it onto the a3? i saw a mock up of what it would look like a while back and it looked rather nice

cheers in advance

Hi

First of all to the forum

1. Yes they will fit need to change wings aswell would cost well over 3k check FAQ there a few threads on there regarding this. No one has done it due to the cost. But there is aftermarket DRL head lights again go on FAQ will see the thread there we are just waiting for them to come out in RHD.

2. Not too sure gonna cost a bit. JBS seem to be your best bet there a kit for 7k takes the car to 380 and 9k for over 400bhp. Here the links http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/cate...-gts-380'm

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/category/71/turbo-kits

3. The DSG does have a limit one of the guys with an S3 s-tronic his car running at 380bhp and seems to have no problems with gear change. His name toby do a search should be able to find the thread then.

4. No titanium package, just have the new black edition's.
    Hope i was able to help

Ashley

EDIT:

Stage 1
    380hp
    360ft/lbs torque
    10-12psi
    Starting price is 7,000! Fitted and tuned

Stage 2
    440hp
    410ft/lbs torque
    10-12psi
    Strarting price 9,500!

Then its goes up to Stage 3 & 4 guessing there gonna be running over 500bhp easy! Big price's though!

Will the 2009 facelift LED A3/S3 headlights fit a pre-facelift?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65271

Technically yes, if you've got a lot of spare cash.

This thread discusses aftermarket lights with LED DRLs for the A3 (still awaiting news):

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=73621

Last edited by Ash B; 15th July 2009 at 15:51.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

5th Gear

Status
    Have a look on the R32 forums for forced induction. Lots of posts on it!