Smokey 2.0TDI

CRC101

Reassuringly Expensive
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Its been pointed out to me that my car is emitting a fair amount of black smoke when I floor it. I'd expect it to smoke a bit as its a diesel, but it was only serviced a couple of months ago by Audi. I've put some RedX Diesel in, do you think its a cause for concern? Other suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Charlie

well only thing i can think of is the redx gettin all the dirt out

wait till you get re-map you will see it smoke then but if fells good

can you see the smoke in your rear window as you drive? if so, then sounds a bit too smokey for standard.

lots of smoke= too much fuel (temperature sensor? or duff chip/tuning box) or too little air (turbo, boost leak, blocked air filter?)

excess smoke + funny whine = blown turbo! most likely if its just a puff of black smoke when you floor it then its usually normal

Cheers for the advice guys. Yes, I can see black smoke when I boot it in the mirror, but not when driving normally.

Its not whining, so I don't think its the turbo. Could just be a bit dirty I guess.

Dunk, how would you check the temperature sensor without replacing it? I'd expect some sort of dash warning light or something?

Always a very good practice to get your injectors cleaned professionally after 3/4 years keeps the fuel flowing nicely.

Less smoke, better mpg etc and helps avoid costly replair bills with fuel filters /injectiors etc later.