EM TuningSky Insurance
    ``!!$al ---

Status

Which Air Freshener to Buy ??

Hi All,

As the title states can you input or tell me which air freshener do you use in your A3. Ive been using magic tree black ice in my cars for last 1 & half years. Was browsing through couple of website and found the usual Poppy Coral Air Freshener the only decent choice but I'm not sure about the smell as it only comes with Lemon Zest fragnance. Does lemon zest smells good/nice in your car ?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

essex boy :)

Status
    it does,but vanilla smells even better!i used to use magic tree vanilla all the time until recently i tried california car scents.come in a little tub pop the lid off stick it under your seat,it last for ages,comes in loads of fragrances too,i have got the coronado cherry one and i love it!
    all depends on what kind of smell you like in your motor i suppose tho
    Can find them all over ebay and if you google it theres hundreds of sites that sell them.
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Latest addition - s style chrome mirrors
    Next up - remap,exhaust

1st Gear

Status
    Strawberry Magic Tree, it smells SWEET! Everyone who gets in my car says it smells nice, i just pop it on the bottom of my seat, where the back adjuster is! MMMMMMM NICE!
    2012 A3 Ibis White SportBack Black Edition 140

Mods so far: H&R 50mm, RNS-E, Cruise control, Interior OEM LED mood light, OEM LED number plate lights, OEM LED Puddle lights, OEM LED Footwell Lights, tear drop wiping, Beep confirm on close, pressed plates, HHA & TPMS.

Mods to come:light/rain sensor (In progress), and so on........

Gone But Not Forgotten....
    2011 A1 Black Sline 106
    2006 A3 Red Sline 140

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLTYA3TURBO View Post
    it does,but vanilla smells even better!i used to use magic tree vanilla all the time until recently i tried california car scents.come in a little tub pop the lid off stick it under your seat,it last for ages,comes in loads of fragrances too,i have got the coronado cherry one and i love it!
    all depends on what kind of smell you like in your motor i suppose tho
    Can find them all over ebay and if you google it theres hundreds of sites that sell them.
    Another one to try then as I've tried most of them, they're all pretty useless tbh, but better than nothing I guess.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    magic tree black ice is all ive ever used in my cars

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

2nd Gear

Status
    Am I alone in not wanting any smell in my car except the "natural" smell of the car itself and the aroma of the half-leather trim on a warm day?

First thing I do after picking up a car is take out the air freshener that has been put in by the valeting company and give the car a good "airing" to return it to its natural "car" smell....
    2012 White A5 Coupe TFSi Black Edition
    (Was 2004 A3 2.0 TDi S-Line DSG, owned from 2005 to 2012....)

3rd Gear

Status
    If you cant even decide on a air-freshener, how will you find a woman ? (I'm assuming you are male, because there are no girls on the internet). If that miraculously works out fine, and you become a parent, oh how will you choose a name!?!?
    World's Fastest S3 Driver - racing old people in toyota camries since 1997 with a 97.6% winning rate.

``!!$al ---

Status
    lol @ boggysv .. don't worry sir all of that is under control.

Boycie

Status
    Autosmart's dangly airfreshner!! It's excellent, fresh and lasts for ages!! Most of the time, they are free also!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Autoglym's Air Freshener is the best over

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status
    AUTOSMART!!!!! Everytime!
    Nothing else comes close haha
    A3 8P1 2.0 Fsi Sport 04 Plate - Dolphin grey

Neutral

Status
    Magic Tree 'Black Ice' smells like a can of cheap deodorant, but the Magic Tree 'New Car' is pretty nice!

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    i just like the smell of leather to although my little girl is poorly she's only 10 month old and she projectile vomited in the car the other day poor thing her little recaro seat although ive scrubbed the smell clean now smells like a wet dog aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh.....
    Last edited by 10blazin; 12th July 2009 at 19:43.

2nd Gear

Status
    I always liked the smell of the traffic light ones - but they last about five minutes.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 Sport S-Tronic (8P3)

Aruba Blue

Alu Roof Rails*Cruise*BOSE*USB

2nd Gear

Status
    black ice magic tree is one of our best sellers at work, and one of my favs

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ST09 View Post
    Hi All,

As the title states can you input or tell me which air freshener do you use in your A3. Ive been using magic tree black ice in my cars for last 1 & half years. Was browsing through couple of website and found the usual Poppy Coral Air Freshener the only decent choice but I'm not sure about the smell as it only comes with Lemon Zest fragnance. Does lemon zest smells good/nice in your car ?

Thanks
    Although Poppy Coral only comes with lemon zest, I'm pretty sure you used to be able to buy a different fragrance in a refill for them. Richbrook have just released a range of new air freshener sprays for cars including "new car smell", so a good option if you just want the smell now or then...
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

6th Gear

Status
    I have just bought a leather smelling magic tree! It doesnt smell anything like leather, not even the slightest, i'm disapointed!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

5th Gear

Status
    I like that natural smell of my leather. Mmmmmmm
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

Reverse Gear

Status
    Gotta be 'Wild Berries' Funky Foot! Smells lovely and last for ages aswell!

``!!$al ---

Status
    As my car is only 2 days old so im liking the smell of that brand new interior & leather for now .. But hey let them ideas / opinions coming .. Its good to have more than one option.

Thanks
    '12 Merc Benz C250 AMG Sport Auto
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59
    A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '08 Mini John Cooper Works (Write Off)
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '58 BMW 120M Sport (Sold)

On Wish List : Merc CL63 AMG Coupe

Status
    Have always used Neutradol Blue as it removes odours.

The amount of people who get in my car and say it still smells like 'new car' after 2 years is the only testimonial I can offer, and unlike all your fancy stench wafters is just a plain old deodoriser so it doesn't smell like a turkish brothel on a hot day.

I used to use the automotive ones, but the house ones are cheaper. I wedge them in the back of the door pod and they last about 6-8 weeks for just over a quid.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

2nd Gear

Status
    Having said that I never use air fresheners earlier, I did try Tesco New Car air freshener in my daughter's Yaris last week to mask a slight "stale tobacco" smell from the previous owner that I couldn't fully remove despite foam-cleaning all the seats, carpets and headlining...

It is subtle and fresh and I'd buy again if I needed to mask a smell that I couldn't otherwise get rid of.....
    2012 White A5 Coupe TFSi Black Edition
    (Was 2004 A3 2.0 TDi S-Line DSG, owned from 2005 to 2012....)