AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1st Gear

Status
    Oh and on the small wotsit problem, My Mrs tells me it's not what you got, it's what she has in the bedside draw.......... LMAO

the father in law keeps saying..... It doesnt matter how big your penis is if the sides want it they will come and get it

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I have a crack in mine too, AmD are looking at it now, along with the failed autotech fuel pump..... Sad days......
    Who said speed kills!?!?....But dangerous driving on the other hand....
    Ibis White S3 Sportback - ?bhp - ?lb/ft (Being Fixed)
    Mods: LED's Throughout, Milltek TBE, Revo S2+, Forge CAI (Gold), K&W V3's 25mm, H&R ARB's, Powerflex Bushes, Autotech HPFP, Sachs Clutch, Forge DV, Jonny's PCV Mod, Defi Boost Gauge, Pro Alloy Intercooler, 18" OZ Alleggerita's, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, VI Performance Monitor, Road Angel Pro Connected
    Full OEM Springs and Shocks for sale from 2008 S3 CLICK ME

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tobycruse View Post
    I have a crack in mine too, AmD are looking at it now, along with the failed autotech fuel pump..... Sad days......
    Let me know what they say to you Toby?
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Let me know what they say to you Toby?
    Will do mate....
    Mods: LED's Throughout, Milltek TBE, Revo S2+, Forge CAI (Gold), K&W V3's 25mm, H&R ARB's, Powerflex Bushes, Autotech HPFP, Sachs Clutch, Forge DV, Jonny's PCV Mod, Defi Boost Gauge, Pro Alloy Intercooler, 18" OZ Alleggerita's, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, VI Performance Monitor, Road Angel Pro Connected

5th Gear

Status
    not a good thread to be reading when my s3 is having a turboback milltek fitted tomorrow
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Who's fitting yours Matt?
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Who's fitting yours Matt?
    Awesome GTI

They were offering free fitting, most places were charging same price but wanted to charge extra to fit.

Was gona buy and fit myself but thought what the hell may aswell get it done for free. Then they can put right any problems

ps can you send me some pics of the window deflector thinks you were talking about the other day
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Chat with SmudgeDon aka Jordan about the window deflectors as he has them on the A3 & swears by them & they look pretty good not grannyish, lol.

Group buy I hear, link us up Wes boy

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-3-door...3%3A1|294%3A50

they're the ones that i got

cant find a pic of my car with them on but they work really well, especially on the motorway, and look quite decent IMO

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Feck me wingnuts thats was quick, u have sharp hearing & a thankyou clicked.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Will post a pic of my deflectors when i get chance, They werent the one NHN stated, mine were made by a company called Heko, got to say that are perfect fit and just the right tint and excellent quality. They were off the Bay but not sure if they still list on there now. Think they sell direct though. Was about 27

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-2003-u...3%3A1|294%3A50

there the firm i bought mine off, as you can see the plastic is a lot lighter and imo looks a lot better than the darker tinted ones.

1st Gear

Status
    If my exhaust needs to be replaced I will be thinking of going down the non-resonated de-cat rout to free up a few more ponies!

Status
    I had a full Milltek system with 100 cell race cats on my last car and when i got an issue with excessive corrosion on the tail pipe I got some very dismissive treatment from the head man. Admittedly when I backed it up with photos they did send me some 3M abrasive pads for cleaning the tailpipe, but it was just the way I was talked down to (after spending upwards of 1,100) that put me off.

When my pipework needs changing I'll be heading back off to Pipewerx and Ian Birch who has sorted me out on previous cars.

I like Milltek's products very much, but have heard whispers that since volumes have increased significantly the quality control doesn't quite seem the same as it once was. I'm open to be convinced otherwise, but I wouldn't be responding to this thread if that was the case.

People tend to refer to their Milltek TBE's like they are some sort of badge of honour on forums these days, but there are many other manufacturers out there doing great work too.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Well got a phone call from Milltek this morning to say they will fit me a new centre section at their factory on Thursday, they also said they would pay me for the fuel etc to get there. Not a bad service at all really and cant fault them, but things will be different if this happens again and i will be telling them that on Thursday. Like Warren says there are other companies out there just as good at only half the price so milltek need to live up to their name with this warranty work.

3rd Gear

Status
    Here's a picture of a milltek downpipe i purchased from ebay, the seller listed it as a race type because it was louder than normal, which i thought was suspicious. On inspection i found this huge crack which explains the race type sound . Luckily i work at a mechanical engineering firm so i had it repaired free of charge. Hope this isnt going to be a common issue with milltek products.

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by david_phillips95 View Post
    Here's a picture of a milltek downpipe i purchased from ebay, the seller listed it as a race type because it was louder than normal, which i thought was suspicious. On inspection i found this huge crack which explains the race type sound . Luckily i work at a mechanical engineering firm so i had it repaired free of charge. Hope this isnt going to be a common issue with milltek products.

HAHAHA LOL racetype what a turd

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Well took my S3 to Milltek today for them to replace the centre section. There customer service was absolutely excellent, they booked me in for 2pm, bear in mind i only reported this problem on monday. When i arrived there they came out to meet me straight away and said they would sort the car asap, i asked about my tail pipes that turn a slight gold colour after a good thrashing and they told me it was due to the extra heat generated with my car being stage 2. They offered to replace the back box aswell as the centre box all under warranty. Left them with the car for an hour then came back to see a nice new shiny tail pipe and a new centre section fitted. Got to say if anyone has any doubts on Milltek exhausts after seeing my picture above then after how i was treated today in terms of being looked after then i wouldnt worry a single bit, they didnt doubt me for a second and didnt try to pass the buck, just got on with the job and put there problem right, even going out of their way to put me a new back box on too. Theres no doubt i would buy off them again.

6th Gear

Status
    Excellent customer service gald it got sorted Wes, I mentioned it to Steve at Statller on Tuesday evening and he said you would be protected by warranty.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

6th Gear

Status
    I must say I was shocked to hear of crack(s). I like others thought it was a quality brand. Sound like they have rectified the situation to your satisfaction.

I wonder how much sway forums can have in matters like this? With the speed of the internet a companies reputation can be killed overnight!
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    nice one wes..

5th Gear

Status
    yes i agree the customer service is awesome i had my tailpipes shortened twice by them and returned to STAR within a day without any problems

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    Excellent customer service gald it got sorted Wes, I mentioned it to Steve at Statller on Tuesday evening and he said you would be protected by warranty.
    It was Steve that fitted it in the first place but to be honest didn't want to waste any of his time by taking it back to him so just dealt with Milltek direct. I'l say it again excellent service.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Sorry I didnt get you before, can you tell us again how excellent they are

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    nige the service is excellent ..sarki git lol ...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I've got that friday feeling after what I drove earlier.

My mates A4 3.0 TDI Avant fully converted to RS4 avant spec, when I say fully I mean fully, shafts, wheels, trims the fecking lot, tested before remap & after & what a fecking car, I love it, will post some images later of the conversion done, its stunning & drives so lovely man, its like its got suckers on the tyres, it is just so planted on the road, then my mate simon@amd mapped it & feck me does it fly now.

So impressed, this is something to trade the wife for, lmao.

Reminded me so much of my S4 B6 avant, but just seemed better.

Goes to hunt down an a4 3.0 tdi avant..........................................

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Nope sorry Wes, still didnt get it, lol.

Status
    Did you mention this thread to them and how many views its had

6th Gear

Status
    Hi Wes

Glad to hear they sorted out your problem straight away, with no messing around aswell. Always good to hear people getting good customer service off such a big company like Milltek.

Ashley
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Did you mention this thread to them and how many views its had

I did to be honest and also asked them if they knew why the exhaust had failed, and if some of there exhaust parts were made over seas. There reply was that all there exhausts are made here in the Uk at their factory, and that they had 3 batches of exhausts that were faulty, 2 of them never left the factory but one batch did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12