AH FabricationsBadger5
    5th Gear

Status

Blackfire on my Phantom S3

The effects of the mega detail I had done back in February were finally beginning to fade and the men at Polished Bliss recommended the Blackfire kit for Phantom Black. I read up about it and it seemed good so bought the kit (not cheap - 100). Slapped it on this morning and the effect, I think, is quite something. Its supposed to make the paint look "wet" - and it does that so well the reflections in the black paint are now razor sharp. I'm very pleased with it - and would recommend it if you have this colour. A few photos:

Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Andy just for my own benefit have you been maintaining it aswell since the detail with the proper products, so I know if it fades anyway with time without products or if its because it just does this anyway with any detail even if using products.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    I see why you're asking Nigel - I have kept on top of it with the products Matt Wakefield recommended yes, but only shampoo: no polish, wax, clay or anything else. The paint wasn't in bad nick at all before I did this but it was pretty dull given that it hadn't been polished or waxed since Feb. I think you'd get great results as long as you gave the car a really good wash beforehand.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I love the Blackfire stuff too !! Works well on dark metalics as recomended by Polished Bliss

6th Gear

Status
    i use it on mine too. love it. great slick look.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

3rd Gear

Status
    you'll get much better results if you clay, polish and seal the paint then put the wax on, you will be surprised as to how much difference the prep work makes to the overall finish!

looks great though, good work

``!!$al ---

Status
    Hi Mate,

For how long do you leave (blackfire gloss enhance polish) on before buffing it.

Thanks
    '12 Merc Benz C250 AMG Sport Auto
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59
    A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '08 Mini John Cooper Works (Write Off)
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '58 BMW 120M Sport (Sold)

On Wish List : Merc CL63 AMG Coupe

5th Gear

Status
    Hell thats tempting me to make a purchase
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Neutral

Status
    Looks very good

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer600k4 View Post
    you'll get much better results if you clay, polish and seal the paint then put the wax on, you will be surprised as to how much difference the prep work makes to the overall finish!
    All the professional advice I've had is never to clay a black car unless you plan to finish with a rotary afterwards - which I haven't got and wouldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by ST09 View Post
    For how long do you leave (blackfire gloss enhance polish) on before buffing it.
    Only around an hour. The instructions say 8 hours but I'm too impatient for that lark.
    Last edited by Iggu; 18th July 2009 at 08:35.