went for wheel spacers and...

S.

Save the manuals
Reaction score
hi guys....after i did a 1500 miles with my new s3, went to my local tuner for the spacers and...they had a Forge CAI for s3...so i couldn't resist and i took it, and i'm glad i couldn't resist. the sound is sooo addictive. and then while they were working on it i thought i could try a quick shifter+side2side while the cai isn't mounted yet, after shifting throught gears i decided to go for, think that it should be made in factory like that not like all the rest six gear transmitions. and at the end i got my self what i was looking for, 12mm spacer at the back.
it was a expensive day but the drive home was great...:beerchug:

Nice one!

How much is the short shifter fitted? I miss the short shift on my old CTR!

Nice one!

How much is the short shifter fitted? I miss the short shift on my old CTR!
i'm not from UK :salute:
i paid for it about 200-220€. i like it. it gives you that little race car feeling.

Another one to add to the list I guess.....!

Be carefull with the forge short shifters Staz, i have had nothing but trouble with mine and am actually waiting for an uprgraded one to be made by forge as we speak! They told me it would be 2 weeks about 3 months ago, ok they sent me a spare oem shifter but im running out of patience now. Just hope they look after me when they finally get the new one made otherwise i wont buy a forge product again!!

Loved the short shifter on my S3, was great & took about 40-45% of the sway of.

Mine did Nige then the slider would fall out of the end of the linkage and id be stuck with no gears!!!

lol not laughing at you mate just funny how this kinda makes me think of the Twintake thread where everyone's swearing blind over forge products being so good & then you read this, just goes to show huh even if I do think they do good products, there's always a chink in the armour.

Hmm ok no heard anything about the shifter at all before now. Not sure I want the risk!

I don't have any experience with Forge but their rep on here doesn't fill me with confidence!

i didn't hear anyone had problems with shortshifter. will see, if anything happens i'm taking it of. last thing i want to be at the midle of nowhere without being able to shift. but when they fitted mine, i saw that the original side to side shifter is made out of plastic!?!!? why?

Last edited: