has my A3 105ps been remapped

freegeek

Reaction score
Website
www.racediagnostics.com
I picked up an 07 105ps tdi a week ago and just got round to logging tonight. It looks like its been mapped to me does anyone else have a boost or torque log to compare to mine.

the first is a plot of the torque and bhp calculated from it, the seconf shows requested boost, actual boost and N75.

Anyone know what the boost should be on a standard 105PS?

bhp%20torque.jpg

a3%20n75%20log.jpg

Dunno

Shouldnt a 105PS remap to around 140bhp/250ft lbs of tourqe?

BTW - How much was your screen in the air vent thingy? They dont have one for the A3 8P in the website

EDIT: Could be mildly remappeeddd :)

Last edited:
he's just using the pic there isnt one for the 8p yet

the bhp is 130 though and torque 205 to 210 so its been mapped just not a very agresive map tbh

How accurate are your numbers? Looks a bit over spec (should be 105 / 184), but not massively so. Probably a non-aggressive map as 10blazin says.

I picked it up from and Audi dealer who failed to disclose that it was remapped.

That puts them and me in an interesting situation, if I am involved in a crash where there is a fatality and the insurance compoany picks the car apart and discovers this.............

Anyway it would still be good to see some vagcom logs of an unmodded 105PS Torque and Boost data to compare.

the odd thing on your diagnostic graph is the lack of torque onc omparison to the Superchip remap...though that is from a Golf TDI...

I guess this could be an example of how different the engines can be from one to the next... isn't the tolerances usually about 10bhp on an N/A? not sure about turbos...

Based on the torque figure I would be inclined to suggest it is not remapped, just that you seem to have a very efficient version of the engine?

I would offer my car up if I was near you once I get it as i'd like to know the standard power and torque anyhow...I'm sure there'll be someone closer to you...

If you logging this yourself then theres alot of variables that can give you the wrong results(they arent that acurate if all the variables are correct). The proper way to check if its mapped is to get it on a known good rolling road, then get the power figures from that.