Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Low life livin' the high life.

Status

Traffic Bollards and S-Line Bumpers Don't Mix.

Afternoon fellas!

Haven't been on here for a while due to moving house, working hard, getting drunk etc. Good to be back though!

So anyway, as the title would suggest I had an unfortunate meeting with a bollard on Saturday night. Swerved to avoid a pair of drunks in the road, just missed the lamp post and whacked the bollard. I also managed to hit the curb and flatten a tyre (225/19 Eagle F1 Assymetric...Great!). The alloy seems fine though (i hope). I'm livid as you can imagine.

The only damage is the front bumper which needs replacing along with the left hand bumper light and plastic surround.
    The car is as my signature.... Do any of you have an idea what i should be paying for a replacement (new or 2nd hand) and respray?

If any of you have bought S-Line bumpers i'd appreciate a bit of a price guide before i start shopping around!

Also what is the part number?

Cheers in advance!

Paul.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    There's not many S-line bumpers on ebay at the moment, but iirc they used to go for around 60-120 2nd hand. Someone's got one on for 250 at the moment!!!!

Respray about 70.
    Started off as an A3 FSI 2.0 Sport.

Full leather interior from an 08 S-Line (inc headlining). Centre Armrest, Eibach Pro's, RS6's, RNS-E, Handsfree, CD Changer, BOSE, Single grill conversion, S3 Spoiler.

To do: Newer S-Line bumpers & FBMFSW.

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    yeah i checked the bay to and there's nata keep your eyes peeled they do come up anyway was it a case of to much of popas cough medicine.....lol

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Yes the one on eBay i've just seen... 250 which is outrageous and the annoying thing is that it appears to be Avus Silver as well so no need for a full spray!

Typical.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    and its pickup only i already looked at this

6th Gear

Status
    Hi

Sorry to hear about your problem mate.. Does my heading when people are drunk and they walk into the middle of the road! It's so damge for them, the person driving the car and people around.
    Here a link to an S-line bumper http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...id=p2759.l1259

Starting bid 80 buy it now 150. Ask for an actually photo of the bumper. As the one he has up, is my old bumper/S3 grill which i sold on ebay back in April sent it to some one living on the isles.
    Oh yeah one last thing hoep it dont sound cheeky...I sent you a message from classifieds just wondering if you got it?

Have you checked Audi aswell for a price on a new bumper? Think there under 200 brand new. For painting a bumper i've had quotes from 70-120! Suppose it depends on the quailty. But is it just me who thinks 120 for a bumepr to be sprayed alot? As thats most prices place do, down by me.

Ohh yeah please dont buy that bumper on there for 250 thats ridiculous! But if its the same colour see if you can get the price down. and check Audi for the price of a brand new bumper. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks

Ashley
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

6th Gear

Status
    out of interest does anybody know the part number of the 3door sline/s3 rear bumper. I have decided to change mine to match the S3 bumper on the front as the rear has the 'rub strips'. I have seen a few on ebay from time to time but either silly prices or usually collection only.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    out of interest does anybody know the part number of the 3door sline/s3 rear bumper. I have decided to change mine to match the S3 bumper on the front as the rear has the 'rub strips'. I have seen a few on ebay from time to time but either silly prices or usually collection only.

Khufu i got a 3door s-line back bumepr for sale but no lower lip! I'll go get the part number for you now mate

6th Gear

Status
    cheers, i actually have the s-line lower lip already.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    cheers, i actually have the s-line lower lip already.
    Here you go 8P3807511D Have to double check it tomorrow in the light as its in the shed & i couldnt see lol. But if your interested let me know PM me

Ashley

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Urrrmmm you have an sline rear upper for sale Ash, email me pic please mate, thanks. N.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    Afternoon fellas!

Haven't been on here for a while due to moving house, working hard, getting drunk etc. Good to be back though!

So anyway, as the title would suggest I had an unfortunate meeting with a bollard on Saturday night. Swerved to avoid a pair of drunks in the road, just missed the lamp post and whacked the bollard. I also managed to hit the curb and flatten a tyre (225/19 Eagle F1 Assymetric...Great!). The alloy seems fine though (i hope). I'm livid as you can imagine.

The only damage is the front bumper which needs replacing along with the left hand bumper light and plastic surround.
    The car is as my signature.... Do any of you have an idea what i should be paying for a replacement (new or 2nd hand) and respray?

If any of you have bought S-Line bumpers i'd appreciate a bit of a price guide before i start shopping around!

Also what is the part number?

Cheers in advance!

Paul.
    the bumper from audi retail is 205.68 plus vat (8P0 807 105 GRU BUMPER SLINE NON XENON) and that comes ready primed. I have a brand new 225/19 goodyear assemetric which i ordered from camskill and dont need if you want it at cost. I can get trade discount if you want me to help out, ill pm you my number. If you pm heliflyer on forum he used a reasonable body shop in Chesterfield cant remember the name.
    Last edited by mattandrew; 10th July 2009 at 08:59.
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user