Bluetooth replacement question

sijones

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have bought a newer bluetooth module to replace the one currently installed due to wanting to see names etc from the RNS-e, I haven't changed it since the retrofit of the RNS-e.

Am guessing it's under the carpet on the passenger side, but can someone confirm am correct and does anyone know the best way to replace.

It looks like a nightmare to get under the carpet!

Cheers

Si

Yes it will be under the passenger seat. The seat is quite easy to remove, but you will have to take off the seat belt that attaches to teh bottom of the seat.

Is it under the carpet then? am guessing you have to remove the side trims to lift the carpet then?

Send NHN a PM mate, maybe he hasn't seen this thread.

I have now, lol.

No need to remove any seat belt part, now depends if it was retro fitted BT or factory cause factory has it in a plastic case of its own & retro probably just is wrapped in something under there or some lazy git has stuck it behind glovebox or under passenger seat sitting on top of the carpet, I hope not.

You can slide the seat all way back, remove the sill plate trim along the door opening, the one that has the alum inlay, remove the trim that goes on the door pillar under the glovebox, then slowly pull the carpet up & carefully bend it up a bit to see what is under the carpet, now if its the box type then remove the seat by undoing all 4 spline headed bolts & lift out, its a doddle trust me which would allow the carpet to lift alot better to get at it, if its retro & just sat in there then should be able to pull out without seat needing to come out.

TAKE NOTE OF THE BLUETOOTH ANTENNA WHICH STICKS OUT, CAREFUL WHEN PULLING UNIT OUT VIA ANY METHOD YOU DONT KNOCK THIS OR SNAP IT OF.

So maybe seat out is safest method which allows carpet to 1st pull back without any horrible bends creases & 2nd alot more room to work in.

Then swap units, dont put back until coded & tested fully via pairing of course, cause if issue then might have to unplug again to resolve, so get working fully then put all back in place.

Now I dont think I've forgotten anything but please chirp in anyone if I have.

It's manufacture fitted, am swapping it from Rev A to Rev F for the RNS-e support etc.

Well dont sound bad so i'll just pull the seat out and the trim an see what happens...

Cheers for the help!

All done, wasnt as bad as i thought, swapped and coded with vag-com...

Thanks for the help!