Help me get an A3

dannyh

Nogaro S3
Reaction score
hello i am new and i currently have a vauxhall astra Mk4 1.6 and i want somthing quicker, i seriously want an audi A3 1.8T and i have a budget of 3000 but when i look they all have 100,000+ miles on the clock appart for 1 or 2 with a bit less, is that ok milage i mean how long do the engine last, is it a strong block and if i did have an A3 with that many miles whats the tuning possabilities can it be remaped or will it break it,

Help please

Cheers danny

hi mate,i have a 98 a3 1.8t,mines done 89,000miles.only put 3000 on myself only owned it just over 3 months.the engines are built like tanks,as all audis are.very reliable,very tuneable.i bought my car for 2700 which was a bargain,its full spec,leather interior,parking sensors,sunroof,bose stereo,heated mirrors/screens,electric everything every extra but sat nav.full audi history and no marks or scratches,very well look after.you just have to keep your eye out took me a few weeks to source mine not far from me.even if you source a high mileage one you won't have any troubles just make sure the cambelt and water pump have been changed around 80k and 120k dependin how many miles the cars got on it.
all in all what im sayin is dont worry about mileage that much just how well the cars been looked after :)good luck with the search!:icon_thumright:

Danny, correct me if I am wrong mate, but I think you are after an 8L A3 which is the other A3 thread. A mod will probably move this for you.

Good luck with your hunting though, a good tunable engine the 1.8T and plenty swift standard too. The guys on 8L have vast experience on those models and will keep you right.

:icon_thumright: