Urgent help needed!

S3RYE

Interior Next!!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

basically was lookin in the engine bay and noticed something was missing. Where the standard induction takes cold air from the front grill there is a tube that goes to the engine. There is a small plastic part that clips on to it right near the front. It's flat shaped like a rectangle about 10" x 3" (estimate) I don't know how long it's been like this but I'm really worried cause it's able to just freely suck hot air from the engine bay an also anything could fall down into it.. I can't do pics cause I'm on my iPhone knowhere near a pc. Please help! Is it ok to drive? Will it cause damage to the engine?

Last edited:
I had an issue where this was not connected properly recently, i.e. it was facing down into the engne bay. I taped it up and went back to Audi who said that it wouldn't have caused any damage, albeit performance would have been affected. I estimate that it had been off for a week or so and the car had been driven well during that period.

I know when it was disconnected though (from recent warranty work), so it begs the question what has happened to yours? :confused:

Ok so shall I drive tonight? Or avoid it?

Thank f*** the filter is in the engine cover!!

How much do you reckon it affects performance and should I try bodging up till it gets the new part??

Cheers guys! I thought the filter was on that part!! :(

Well I'm driving it, had no option... Gonna take it very easy..

And one more thing.. Do you think it would affect Fuel economy cause my car has been drinking noticably more fuel in the last week ??

Just take it easy bud - if hot airs going in, it will feel slower..

The cooler the air that goes in - the quicker the car :D

As long as the filters there and the air is getting to it, you should be ok but if you can tie it to get to the original position...that would be better.

i wouldnt worry bud, andys right the filter is in the engine cover hence why most of us have done away with it for full aftermarket CAI's and Kaz says the worst that will happen you will just breathe in warmer air instead of being fed from the front of the car

Quite a bit to lose mind howv u done that lol ?

think you should go for CAI :whistle2:

Dont worry about it the air filter is under the engine cover so the air will still be filtered. Might be a tiny bit warmer than normal but no worries I'd say.

thanks for all the advice guys.. have been driving it like a grandma the past couple of days... Audi are sending out the new part today i hope!

i have taken a picture and loaded it on to photobucket but i cant get it to ****** go into this post can someone please remind me what it is i need to do to get a photo in a post.?

here is a picture of the part thats missing (artistically cirlced in red), as i mentioned im not even sure how long its been missing.. may have been since i owned the car (6 months!!!!!) im sure i would have noticed but maybe not??

i just hope there is no internal or long term damage... i guess ill find out when i get it remapped..

IMG_0058.jpg

still cant get over the fact a piece that big has just dissappeared :wtf:

Last edited: