Airbag Fault Can you Help???

Joe90k

Speed doesn't Kill!
Reaction score
Okay so I started my car the other day and there was an airbag light on. I used VAG COM to read the fault and this was it:

01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N200)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

I cleared it but it keeps coming back instantly. I know this can be down to bad wiring. I have removed the yellow plus in the floor altogether but that made no difference at all. Is there a plug in the seat that I need to remove?

I know this was a common problem on the Golf Mk5 but I have never seen it on an A3.

My mate seems to think there is a plug in the back of the seat but im not too sure.

Any advice?

Thanks
Joe

its probably still the connector under the seat like on the MK5. With the drivers seat more getting more movement forward & back its possible. Removing the plug will cause the error too, not cure it. Puttting a resistor across it would cure it but I wouldn't recommend it. I'd get out a multi-meter & look for the bad connection.

Sorted it, It was inside the seat, there is a plug in there that had a bad connection, cleaned it cleared the fault and its gone. Had to remove the back of the seat which was a nightmare but with a long flat blade screwdriver is easy.

Hope this helps anyone who gets this problem too.

Joe

Sorted it, It was inside the seat, there is a plug in there that had a bad connection, cleaned it cleared the fault and its gone. Had to remove the back of the seat which was a nightmare but with a long flat blade screwdriver is easy.

Hope this helps anyone who gets this problem too.

Joe

Any pictures of the seat removal?

Iv got the same fault tried using vag com, and had the back of the seat off and checked the plugs there and under the seat what is the best solution from here?