What OEM HU options do I have?

matt a

Reaction score
My concert has been damaged beyond repair (partly myself) and I wondered what options I have?

The car has a single din set up.

Im after ipod connectivity too.

Depends if you want OE replacement, or an aftermarket unit with a faceplate adaptor

Depends if you want OE replacement, or an aftermarket unit with a faceplate adaptor

I thought the clue was in the title of the thread.

Sorry Matt, I've no idea what single DIN units are available, but for connecting to an iPod, I'd get the Dension Gateway 300. I use it and it's great, much better than the OEM kit (also made by Dension).

Last edited:
Ooops, note to self, pay attention to title
:whistle2:

Thanks for the replies, it's appreciated.

The dension seems like a good option, esp with it's different input options.

Purely out of curiousity, is there any reason why you wouldn't consider aftermarket instead of one of the single din Audi units (something like the Becker with red panel illumination / MP3 playback / bluetooth etc..) You can even get a Becker with Nav for not much more.

When you say the head unit is knackered beyond repair, do you mean the CD / tape drive (whichever yours is), or the entire unit inc. internal amp / power up etc....

I'm not sure what is wrong with it tbh, it didn't work (switch on), and one of the clips had been damaged previously, so in trying to remove it, the front became detached from the rest of it! lol

I have had Becker Grand Prix's before, which is the only after market HU I'd consider, as I want to retain an oem look.

The other reason I decided against an after market HU is that, done of the facia adaptors seem to be of a good quality?

The Autoleads one which works on the Leon / Audi A3 8L (NOT 8P) (autoleads PC5-52) is a pretty good match for the dashboard material, and fairly robust.

This seems to be the converter for yours (link), and whilst I fully understand you wanting to keep it 'OE look', wonder if the Becker will give you far better functionality/sound whilst retaining some of that OEM look.