Bonnet cable

john24susan

Reaction score
Hi all, I have just went to open my bonnet to top up my windscreen washer bottle on my A3 Sportsback and the cable has just snapped at the bonnet catch !!!!!
Anyone have any ideas how to open the bonnet, I cannot see how I can get into open the catch to pop the bonnet.
Any Ideas ??????
Many Thanks John:sob:

try taking the front grill off and getting your hand up to the latch
or put the car on ramps and take the front bumper off it only takes 5 mins :)

Thanks for your info, but how do you get the front grill off I, thought it was bolted just under the bonnet at the front ledge.

Its kinda hard to take grill off without opening the bonnet, there are bolts on the top of the bumper under where the bonnet sits.

TBH & realistic, you have a choice of wreaking your bonnet by bending the edge up or smashing the grill & trying to get to the 2 torx that hold the catch to the landing pannel.

I hope you can find a better solution (try phoning audi - they may have devised a solution?) but the car is designed for you not to get the bonnet open from the outside.

I will give My local Audi garage and see if thay can help . Many Thanks.

happend to a mate before, it is possible to get access to the catch by pulling the grill forward from the bottom carefully getting someone to hold it so it doesnt flip back, and with the correct tools the latch can be moved but its safer to send it via PM! PM me if you need help!

there must be a you you can open it, without having to damage your car. take it to audi and if they do any damage then at least it should be covered!

Hi, can anybody tell me if there is a way of opening the bonnet as my cable has also snapped :banghead:

tdisportuk YHPM

I know this is a old post but did anyone find away this has just happened to me