EML staying on

Matt

Reaction score
Had this light stay on when I started the car this morning.

eng_man_light_72.jpg

I had a quick look through the manual and didn't see it, I didn't have enough time to have a proper look needed to get to work. Called into Audi and he reckons its ok to drive till they can look at it next wednesday.

The power delivery is a bit lumpy and its ticking over high like it would from cold or when the DPF is regenerating. Exhaust seems a bit boomy too... Its the engine management light though, not the DPF symbol which is confusing me.

What do you reckon?

could be a number of things, hopefully none are serious! Without a scan its impossible to say what it is.

Need vag com on it mate as below.

At a guess, could be the maf sensor, the sensor in the exhaust (forgotten what its called) or quite a few things..

you need vagcom, put on a vagcom post and someone near you should be able to do it for a few beer tokens..

Been out in it again at lunch time and the power delivery is back to normal and exhaust isn't booming now.

Still ticking over high and the lights on. Audi are going to have a look at it, I just like to have an idea what it could be seen as though its not going in for another week!

Is the car under warranty?

If not i'd get someone else to Vag Com it rather than Audi to check it over. Could be something really simple and cost you a fair amount just for Audi to do the same thing as someone from here can.

Yeah its under warranty! It'll be something minor I reckon. Think it maybe just coincided with the DPF regenerating the other day when it was ticking over higher and power delivery was lumpy as its driving absolutely fine now.

It went in on my way to work this morning so will update when I know what the problem is/was.

Been given an A4 Avant 2.0TDI 143 SE in Deep Sea Blue. Its nice enough but the weight of an Avant makes it feel sluggish! Like the interior, bet an S-line is very nice with a more powerful engine

The manual will tell you if the light stays on take it to a garage/dealer pronto. If it goes of then it should be fine, but get it checked anyhow.

Got it back. Light is no longer on and its had a new exhaust gas pressure sensor fitted so see how it goes...