Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Phone Prep query

I have phone prep in the arm rest.

But what I was wondering is for example say you call a call centre or something and it then says "press 2 for......"

Is there any way the voice activation can press "2" for you or is the only way to do this by pressing the button 2 on the handset?

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Something never tried tbh, but knowing the system I would say the voice commands would only go as far as basic form & making the call not once connected, it would most likely be via your handset or the built in dialler on the RNS-E screen, I'll test that later.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    I dont actually have RNS-E so it would only be through voice command.

Up the owls!

Status
    The dialer on the RNSE works fine for this, use it all the time, particularly when checking /deleting voicemails.

I know this doesn't help you Geo, but useful for other members to know if they didn't already
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

Neutral

Status
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I have specced this in my new car order. Can anyone give info of it's capabilities. Will it read the SIM on my phone without the adaptor or will I need this? What can I expect to be able to do without having an adaptor?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah phone prep has bluetooth so adapter not needed really & most phones will do remote sim & download phonebook, received, missed, dialled calls lists so all good.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK