A3, 2.0 TDI badge positions on the boot lid?

G

Goner

Morning,

Please can someone tell me the exact locations of the badges on the boot lid or how i can refit new badges after the old badges have been removed?

How do you the dealers fit the badges, i assume they use some sort of template?

THey look better without the badges, leave them off!

THey look better without the badges, leave them off!

They are off at the moment, i removed them.. Might put them back on, i don't know yet, trying to retain a standard look..

:icon_thumright:

here you go. pretty much inline with the bottom of the tail light...
DSC_0831_001_t.JPG

DSC_0832_002_t.JPG

Thanks for that, do you know if you get some sort of template to fit them when you buy the badges?

Thanks

id say keep them off, its still looks standard with them off, you can request the car from new to be badge-less.

Persoanlly I'd leave them off, however, if someone has access to Elswin you can view the template which contains the exact measurements of the badges. I don't have access to it at the mo but could send the details through tonight if no one replies in the meantime mate ;)

Persoanlly I'd leave them off, however, if someone has access to Elswin you can view the template which contains the exact measurements of the badges. I don't have access to it at the mo but could send the details through tonight if no one replies in the meantime mate ;)

Good man, if you could show us some sort of template when you get a minute that would be great, i don't know whether I'll put them back on yet, just mulling it over that's.. You could say I'm a bit bored and looking for something to do. :haha:

Is yours a quattro? And does it have a quattro badge? If so the badges look better with the Quattro badge!

Mines not a quattro no, i know which bads you mean, i won't be putting a quattro badge on, but i have seen A3's with an S-line badge where the quattro badge sits, that looked pretty good.

Thank

Don't go putting an S-Line badge on there, you wouldn't get away with it ;)

Don't go putting an S-Line badge on there, you wouldn't get away with it ;)

Yeah true, i'm an OEM all the way man, i'll leave the S-line badges where they should be the sides and the front grille!

Any news on this template mate?

Check with Audi; on most VAG cars, the letters come held in a clear plastic pack. It holds the letters in the exact postion needed - you simply remove the backing, press the holder to the car and then pull off the clear plastic pack.

That way, all you need to do is mark the position on the car using masking tape along the bottom and one edge.

You can see what I mean here http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=3418&xSec=391

There you go mate, hope this helps... appoligies for the delay. Tried to get on last night but forum was down ;)

Front Wheel Drive...
a = 15 mm
b = 12 mm
c = 115 mm

A66-0274.png

Quattro...
a = 15 mm
b = 12 mm
c = 4 mm
d = 115 mm

A66-0310.png

Last edited:
There you go mate, hope this helps... appoligies for the delay. Tried to get on last night but forum was down ;)

a = 60 mm
b = 172 mm
c = 179 mm
d = 4 mm
e = 60 mm

A66-0274.png

Good man that is just what i'm after, i'll save that!

Thanks for your help. :icon_thumright:

Check with Audi; on most VAG cars, the letters come held in a clear plastic pack. It holds the letters in the exact postion needed - you simply remove the backing, press the holder to the car and then pull off the clear plastic pack.

That way, all you need to do is mark the position on the car using masking tape along the bottom and one edge.

You can see what I mean here http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=3418&xSec=391

Thanks.

Mines not a quattro so i won't be badging it as one fella, thanks anyway though. :salute:

Where did you find this information if you don't mind me asking? Is this something i could get hold of?

Thanks

Leave them off man as it looks better without, trust me.

Info came from Elswin mate, software that the dealers use.

If you do a quick search on flea bay you'll probably be able to pick it up for about a fiver.

As for the badges mate, I'd leave them off. Makes the back end look a lot smoother ;)

Where did you find this information if you don't mind me asking? Is this something i could get hold of?

Thanks

Front Wheel Drive...
a = 15 mm
b = 12 mm
c = 115 mm

A66-0274.png

Quattro...
a = 15 mm
b = 12 mm
c = 4 mm
d = 115 mm

A66-0310.png

This is exactly the information I need! Would you be able to repost the photos please? (I'm assuming it's valid for a 2011 Audi A3 3dr?)

Thanks,

James

Front Wheel Drive...
a = 15 mm
b = 12 mm
c = 115 mm

A66-0274.png

Quattro...
a = 15 mm
b = 12 mm
c = 4 mm
d = 115 mm

A66-0310.png

Hi,

I don't suppose you could repost the images if you still have them? This is exactly the information I need (assuming it is relevant for a 2011 3dr A3?).

Thanks in advance for your help.

James