Dent

steve184

Reaction score
I love my life.

One of my colleagues in the work car park has opened his door into mine and put a right dent in my drivers side rear quarter about 4-5 inches back from the B pillar, above the bump strip

Anyone had a dent in a similar area and had it repaired? Will these dentless repair people be able to push is out back to perfect? Or will i have to have it repaired by a bodyshop - ie respray? Presumably will be the whole side of the car as its mettallic they will have to sand and fill the dent, paint this panel then blend into the door and further back then re-lacquer the whole side of the car?

27062009020.jpg

where abouts are you from i know a man who removes dents and he is really good at it.

I had a small ding in my roof,in a well awkward place,the bloke wasn't 100% happy with the finished job as it was right over a rib,but you can't see it now!

Give them a ring (think he only charged me £20 too!) They're not too far from you either

http://www.dentvanishltd.co.uk/

ok so had the dent done - its about 99% gone - if you look sharply down the car (and its really hard to see) there is still an ever so slight distortion but look at it from other more 'normal' angles its pretty much gone - in any case i think far better than having the side of the car repainted - its prob just gonna be one of those things that bugs me for a while now i guess.

only other thing when pulling the inside trim out they marked the b pillar trim (surrounds the seatbelt adjuster and has a fabric coating) slightly at the bottom - is this easy to replace anyone know and also how much does this part cost from audi? mines a light interior think its called platinum.

Or is it a dealer job?

ok had alook on elsawin and it seems getting that top b pillar panel off is actually pretty easy.... the problematic bit which adds a whole other raft of procedures is getting the seatbelt thorugh the hole. To do this you need to remove the anchor point on the floor which in turn requires the removal of the bottom a-pillar trim, door sill trim and rear side trim (basically the whole inside trim from the inside of the car!!! (this seems a bit overkill)

Anyone know if there is a quicker way of getting the bottom anchor out for the seatbelt?

If Elsawin says thats the proceedure, its pretty much the way. I can see why the belt needs to be removed, otherwise there is no way to get it through the trim at all. Seeing as you have Elsawin, follow it, it will help you to not damage the new trim upon re installation as i cannot imagine it's too cheap

the trim is 36 quid

but i don't fancy trying to rip half the inside of the car apart to fit it - the elsawin stuff isn't that easy to follow to be honest - and looks like there are plenty of clips that can 'break' given the amount of times it says 'renew damaged clip A'

audi want an hour and a halfs labour to do it - approx 160+vat plus the part