side repeater removal

gixxer600k4

Reaction score
i have fitted lamin-x to my head lights and just got myself some more for my side repeaters. instead of me going out there and scratching my car, can anyone advise me on the easiest and safest way to remove them?

thanks guys!

I can get mine out with my fingers, just push the repeater across to one side and pull the other end up and out, the end that comes up and out is the one with "E" written on the lens in a circle.

Whether its pushed left or right depends which way it has been put in, If you push it towards the end which doesnt have the E on the lens it can then be pulled out, at no time does it become loose.

how far do you need to push them, they are moving about 5mm and then starts to feel really stiff, im worried about scratching the paint! do you need to get something in there to wedge it out?

is this the same way you would get access to change a bulb?

yes it is, i managed to do it, i had to push it over to one side and with a plastic squeegee, wedged it out, now i know how to do it, it is very simple and safe. then there is a rubber sleeve that you pull out which houses the bulb

Ok that sounds fine. l have heard that there is another way to get to the bulb.