Volks AutosChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Staz

Thread: hill hold

Reverse Gear

Status

hill hold

Am i right in thinking this comes as standard on the new s3 if so mines not working or is it possible to turn it off and on .

2. # ADS
    ADS

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    it's not standard.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Neutral

Status
    Yeah not standard....

When I got my S3 the dealer did not know how to use it or if my car actually had it, so I got it free.....
    2009 Audi S3 Sprint Blue
    1999 Audi S4 2.7 Bi-Turbo Ming Blue (gone but never forgotton)
    1998 Audi A4 1.8 SE Silver
    1995 VW Vento 2.0GL Ming Blue
    1988 VW Jetta 1.6TX Red

Reverse Gear

Status
    It says its standard on the Audi website . Sorry ignore me think i'm seeing things .
    Last edited by nig63; 26th June 2009 at 14:45.

2nd Gear

Status
    More to the point is this function retrofittable?

Lord of War

Status
    Completely pointless.

is a retronaut

Status
    Standard on mine. Called a handbrake.
    david173 likes this.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Neutral

Status
    I have it, I didn't spec it as an option, but mine is stronic/DSG. maybe that's why.
    S3 Sportback; DSG, MRC, ITG.

Reverse Gear

Status
    The only mention of hill-hold in the brochure is for the extra 'parking assist' option.

It's now standard on all models with an S-tronic gearbox. The last listing of it as an option was in the March 2008 Pricing and Specification Guide. By the time the next issue came out in June 2008 it was no longer listed so I assume it became standard for the 2009 Model Year (which began in June 2008)
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    So do manual gearboxes not have this option?

2nd Gear

Status
    i think it does? :S
    im sure i saw it has an extra option on a manual gearbox on the audi config ages ago
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

The one for a manual gearbox is called a handbrake!!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am not sure if MY10 STronic cars have Hill Hold, I have ordered mine however no build date as yet.

I had a 2008 Passat DSG with Hill Hold, the way it worked was when you engaged the function by pressing a button in the centre console the car would function normally when driving when you stopped it would automatically engage the brake. Allowing you to keep the car in drive and as soon as you put your foot on the accelerator the car would move forward. I have never seen this feature on a manual.

I'm sure it's standard on all S-tronic A3s now. Certainly my 2009 MY A3 has it and I did not order it as an option. If fact it is no longer listed as an option.

The description in the Owners Manual reads:

Driving away on a slope

The system is activated when you press and hold the brake pedal for a few seconds.

When you release the brake pedal the braking force will be maintained for a momemnt in order to hold the vehicle and make it easier for your to drive away.

As it seems to purely involve the braking system I see no reason why it cannot be fitted to a manual as well as an s-tronic.

Perhaps someone with a manual can check to see if their car has it fitted.
    Dave R (h5djr)

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I'm sure it's standard on all S-tronic A3s now. Certainly my 2009 MY A3 has it and I did not order it as an option. If fact it is no longer listed as an option.

The description in the Owners Manual reads:

Driving away on a slope

The system is activated when you press and hold the brake pedal for a few seconds.

When you release the brake pedal the braking force will be maintained for a momemnt in order to hold the vehicle and make it easier for your to drive away.

As it seems to purely involve the braking system I see no reason why it cannot be fitted to a manual as well as an s-tronic.

Perhaps someone with a manual can check to see if their car has it fitted.
    Yes I was looking this up the other day when this came up - the section you've taken that from doesn't relate to S-Tronic so it seems to suggest it is functionality for all types of A3.

As you say - maybe someone with MY09 manual could see if this does work.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 Sport S-Tronic (8P3)

Aruba Blue

Alu Roof Rails*Cruise*BOSE*USB

Neutral

Status
    yeah mine has it.. as mentioned above.. it was a 70quid option... my car is manual
    2009 Audi S3 Sprint Blue
    1999 Audi S4 2.7 Bi-Turbo Ming Blue (gone but never forgotton)
    1998 Audi A4 1.8 SE Silver
    1995 VW Vento 2.0GL Ming Blue
    1988 VW Jetta 1.6TX Red