what discs to get

ru4shaw

Reaction score
i need to replace my brake pads and discs i already got the pads but not sure on what discs to get, i dont want to spend silly money though
any reconmmendations?

get the standard ones, drilled or grooved will give very minimal benefits. if you have the s3 then possibly drilled as they may be used harder and would need better cooling. or you could get some 312mm discs and fit caliper carriers!

i was looking at the drilled or grooved ones becuase i like the look but if its gonna cost a lot more them i wouldnt bother
do you know how much im looking at

to get a good set such as brembo, you will be looking at about £250 or you could pay for some calipers carriers which enables you run 312mm discs, or even pay a bit more for the 3.2 345mm discs and caliper and get an even better look as they are massive

im just gonna go get the standard ones
id rather spend the money on an armrest or somthing

think i will paint the callipers
i just got back from a garage, i have mintex brake pads i got from ebay and on the box it did say audi a3 1,6 fsi and some other golf but when i showed them the pads they said there the wrong ones and and to buy theres for 120 fitted
im not sure if there the wrong pads or there just trying th rip me of

i didnt show them the box and he said where did you get them from becuase they look like there for a differend engine