JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    R8GGA

Status

Front wheel drive S3 :(

Did everyone know about this?

I just saw it on the Audi Configurator. Basic price about 2 grand less than the quattro.

wtf?
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

2. # ADS
    ADS

R8GGA

Status
    also; what the hell are these people on about?!

http://www.reviewcar.com/2004_audi_s3.htm
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2006 BMW M6

1st Gear

Status
    Interesting!

The Front Driver is manual and the Quattro is DSG and more efficient.

Is it me, or has the inclusion of a FWD just devalued the whole "S" range thing?
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

R8GGA

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Splathead View Post

Is it me, or has the inclusion of a FWD just devalued the whole "S" range thing?
    Totally! Between that and the Golf R20...
    Weekend / Summer:
    2006 BMW M6

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus911 View Post

They missed out the V12 TDI...
    Coss

S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap

4th Gear

Status
    Did everyone know about this?

I just saw it on the Audi Configurator. Basic price about 2 grand less than the quattro.

wtf?
    lol, I noticed this last week. A man in the know has confirmed that it is an error, probably by the work experience guy. The price difference is about the same as the DSG box so probably something to do with that. We would have heard before it appeared on the configurator if it were true.

R8GGA

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AuldReekie View Post
    lol, I noticed this last week. A man in the know has confirmed that it is an error, probably by the work experience guy. ue.
    You must be right of course; i had considered that the price of the FF version was pretty much the price of a quattro manual; but you would expect a company like Audi to get that sort of thing fixed pretty pronto wouldn't you?
    Weekend / Summer:
    2006 BMW M6

4th Gear

Status
    The Cupra R would be too much competition for a start - performance and price wise, not image/quality etc...

Moreover, I think it would be the first S car not to have Quattro, which is their USP in the segment. It would be like BMWs M Division making a 4wd turbo charged car(s) - Oh wait, actually...

Here is my original post.

As for that advert about the 2010 S3 - what a load of pump. Obviously it is an 8L and it states V6 in one sentence then V8 in another. Internet trash.

is a retronaut

Status

I don't think they have got a single thing right!!!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

1st Gear

Status

LOL WTF!!?? i think they have no idea about what they are talking/writing about..

APR Stg3 GT2871R|APR HPFP|APR FMIC|Ported&Polished head with +1mm valves|Forged Build Engine|Gredddy catch can|oil filter relocation+oil cooler|Braille Battery|SACHS|SMFW|Forge shortshifter|VF Engineering motor and transmission mounts|APR DP+test pipe+Supersprint rear silencer|HR ARBs|KW V3s|HALDEX Controller|8 pot RS4 Brakes|18x8 ET45 Ultraleggeras (Matt Graphite Silver) |225/40/18 Advan A048|SPARCO Evo2 Seats with 4point harness|rear seat delete+stripped interior|Defi Boost & EGT|AEM AFR|

Status
    I spotted that to...but assumed it was quattro vs quattro S-Tronic (or whatever it's called this week) and a website error.

All 'S' & 'RS' cars are quattros aren't they?

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

2nd Gear

Status
    Guys,

I haven't been on the site for a while and was just looking at the Audi configurator. I rushed on here to tell you all about the S3 front wheel drive option and came across this thread.

Good to see Audi still can't get their act together with the online configurator!!
    2005 - A3 2.0TDI S-Line Quattro

2008 - S3, Sprint Blue, Buckets, Sunroof, Rear Sensors, BT Phone Prep, Folding Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, BOSE, Flat Tyre Indicator, Phatnoise

is a retronaut

Status
    10 weeks and it's still faulty?! Pfft!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

3rd Gear

Status
    lol, just read that article from the website that was posted! so funny, they say the s3 with its 3.0 v6 and then go on the say the engine in the s3 is great, its a twin turbo v8! i think the s3 should have things that other a3 don't. they should only do it in quattro
    rs6's, H&R 35mm, lamin-x, vinyl wrapped grill, cupra splitter, black wing mirrors, de-badged, bmc air filter

6th Gear

Status
    Typical Audi for you....
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    This had me worried for a moment, I ordered my new one not long ago, and don't remember actually stipulating that I want Quattro (you dont really expect to with an S), worried I was going to end up with a FWD....i'd have cried after waiting all that time if it had turned up like that!
    Last edited by beanoir; 7th September 2009 at 21:23.

R8GGA

Status
    Oh my God I can't believe they haven't fixed that yet!
    Weekend / Summer:
    2006 BMW M6

Gears of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    This had me worried for a moment, I ordered my new one not long ago, and don't remember actually stipulating that I want Quattro (you dont really expect to with an S), worried I was going to end up with a FWD....i'd have cried after waiting all that time if it had turned up like that!
    If that happened to you i'd cry too! But way to make an FF owner feel bad lol
    "Its not so much that I set out to make an S3, its just I think the S3 is the best body kit for an A3."

5th Gear

Status
    OT but in ref to the reviewcar.com site posted above, it's a spam site which appears to have harvested/gathered random information about S3's from various sources on the Internet, put it together so it half made sense (hence the V6/V8 and 8L pic inaccuracies) and saved it on the website, which will be a totally automated process. The main reason for doing this is because the information (text) is so manipulated that the search engines do not see it as duplicate content that is stored elsewhere on the Internet but rather unique content so it is ranked higher in the search results... and we can all guess that search engine traffic = advertising revenue.

I hope this makes sense...it's getting late...

***** rent boy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott1andrews View Post
    OT but in ref to the reviewcar.com site posted above, it's a spam site which appears to have harvested/gathered random information about S3's from various sources on the Internet, put it together so it half made sense (hence the V6/V8 and 8L pic inaccuracies) and saved it on the website, which will be a totally automated process. The main reason for doing this is because the information (text) is so manipulated that the search engines do not see it as duplicate content that is stored elsewhere on the Internet but rather unique content so it is ranked higher in the search results... and we can all guess that search engine traffic = advertising revenue.

I hope this makes sense...it's getting late...
    You just saved me a few minutes of typing, as I was about to explain why the information was purposely vague and completely copied from other sources regarding the entire Audi range and not just the S3.