Outdoor car cover - recommendations?

davej_anderson

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a tailored car cover for a 3-dr A3?

I previously used a Covercraft Noah for my Boxster and wondered if anyone used one of those or a different brand and could give the pros and cons?

I understand that they might be harmful if they are used and the cover or car is dirty but I live next to a main road which has a tree that either drops sap or the birds drop sh*t on my car.

The covercraft job was c. £200 for the Boxster so I might give them another go.

if you get a good quality one, soft inner lining, and keep it clean and put it on and take it off gently then there shouldn't cause any harm to the car. if they did then surely the people with zonda's, lambo's, ferrari's etc, wouldn't use them!

Its more to do with the fact that you cover over all of the crap on your car.
The the wind gets up and blows over the sheet.

What you end up with is micro rub on your paintwork.

People with zondas and ferrari's dont tend to let them get dirty that often, hence wont really see a problem.

I can understand the dilema though, as I only need to park at the mother-in-laws for 10 minutes and when I come back out to the car its covered in tree sap, one wipe with the wipers and you cant see a thing.

A difficult choice

People with zondas and ferrari's dont tend to let them get dirty that often, hence wont really see a problem.

I can understand the dilema though, as I only need to park at the mother-in-laws for 10 minutes and when I come back out to the car its covered in tree sap, one wipe with the wipers and you cant see a thing.

A difficult choice

The tailored covers are better at not billowing in the wind.

Hrm, may see how it goes for the first few months

totally true, you have to keep your car clean otherwise the clean cover also becomes dirty and that will scratch your paint every time you putt on or remove the cover!

A difficult choice

totally true, you have to keep your car clean otherwise the clean cover also becomes dirty and that will scratch your paint every time you putt on or remove the cover!

Looks like I will be joining the ranks of cleaning the car once a week on a Sunday