Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications

Thread: mirrors stolen

Reverse Gear

Status

mirrors stolen

gutted had my mirrors stolen off me s3 does any1 know were i can get any or who is selling them cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    They pop up on ebay quite a bit.

However, you do have the risk of buying back your stolen mirrors!!

Did they take just the outer casing? or did they rip the whole lot off?
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

4th Gear

Status
    Not again!

Yep -keep an eye on fleabay and report to the police or simply buy back

6th Gear

Status
    *expletives*

When you replace them, get some standard ones, it will only happen again! The scum will know your car and wait for the new ones to appear. More smack all round for the boys

They are 700 a pair from Audi if you fancy being robbed for a second time!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Neutral

Status
    Not sure if these are the right fitment, but oem and cheaper than 700.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-A4-A5-...A1%7C294%3A200

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    thats why i dont have them on my car its just to upseting and not worth it .... wa$%ers...

Reverse Gear

Status
    the mirrors were taken right off brackets the lot made the car look really crap. It didn't happen in my area so gonna risk getting another pair back on. Audi have quoted me 987 without fitting because there folding and auto dimming will have a look on eBay and oem thanks guys

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steamhead View Post
    the mirrors were taken right off brackets the lot made the car look really crap. It didn't happen in my area so gonna risk getting another pair back on. Audi have quoted me 987 without fitting because there folding and auto dimming will have a look on eBay and oem thanks guys
    I would want someone from Audi to sit in the car and look in the mirrors for you at that price.

Remember ebay.de too. If you have any queries there are a few of us on here who can sprechen a little Deutsch. "Spiegel" is mirror and "spiegel kopf," means your bald - not to be confused.

4th Gear

Status
    so that translates to reflective head???? FPMSL

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekip View Post
    so that translates to reflective head???? FPMSL
    LOL, you can't fault their literal thinking.

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    PM NHN hink he might have a set of folding mirrors for sale?

07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

Status

Angry

Welcome to the "mirrors replaced with wires Club"
    Seriously though a member spotted his recently stolen ones on ebay and told the Police who said they couldn't do anything as the seller could of unknowingly bought them and he was not to take matters into his own hands or else.

6th Gear

Status
    this stuff really annoys me, you just can't own anything nice these days without some brain damage deserving scum nicking them!

whenever i park my car in public i always worry about my mirrors being nicked!

6th Gear

Status
    NHN had some dimming mirrors and i have some S3 mirrors for sale(just the silver bit).

Then all you need is the mechanism and seen one on ebay for 50..

Goes to look.......

EDIT: Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-2-0-TD...3A1%7C294%3A50

BUT - not 100% if it is heated and not 100% if it is the whole mirror housing. May be worth finding out if you can adapt a non heated mirror mechanism to have heated...

Or - this dudes breaking one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S3-A3-Dam...3A1%7C294%3A50

i wouldnt pay that much for mirrors - keep checking breakers ebay - might be able to get a genuine one...

Search for breaking A3 and ask if they're heated mirrors. I also have spare motors if you need them.

HTH and sorry to hear about this - hope you get it sorted for not so much.
    Last edited by kaz219; 24th June 2009 at 00:09.
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

safenafe

Status
    Mate I had the same thing happen to mine, and audi quoted over 950 for the pair.
    Manged to get a pair of folding ones for 100 and a set of heated mirror and black covers for 60. All from ebay, there pretty straight forward to fit as well.
    Cannot for the life of me find the auto dimming /anti dazzle mirror glass tho. And dont really wanna fork out the full wack from the stealers.
    Let me know if you have any luck with the mirror glass.
    Phantom Black, black grill, 20 spoke split rims, two tone black/white leather, mffbsw, auto lights/wipers/dim mirrors, bose, cruise, ipod, bluetooth, eletric lumbar, tyre pressure monitor, interior light pack, privacy glass

6th Gear

Status
    I saw heated & dimming glass for the mirrors on ebay but guy is asking 250 or best offer! I do know they are dear to buy..
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

lives for speed

Status
    This is a concern of mine when I get the motor I've been considering......if it's still available. I'm hoping, however, that the alarm I'll be fitting with proximity sensor will warn any thieving scumbags away

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by inS4ne View Post
    This is a concern of mine when I get the motor I've been considering......if it's still available. I'm hoping, however, that the alarm I'll be fitting with proximity sensor will warn any thieving scumbags away
    I don't know where you live, but no one gives a sheeit about a car alarm going off these days (merely an annoyance), so unless it has the "Phoenix nights - Get back ya b....." and they stop through laughter - it won't make a blind bit of difference.

We are just playing a lottery as to whether they go or not.

lives for speed

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AuldReekie View Post
    I don't know where you live, but no one gives a sheeit about a car alarm going off these days (merely an annoyance), so unless it has the "Phoenix nights - Get back ya b....." and they stop through laughter - it won't make a blind bit of difference.

We are just playing a lottery as to whether they go or not.
    What are the odd's? Might have a flutter myself

Night time is the time, if any, they'd go for a walk round 'ere but I'm hoping to have it garaged anyhows......

........I'll let you all know when they get pilfered though, just have to make sure I carry a spare pair in the boot.

This all, of course, rests on whether I actually end up buying one with the infamous wing mirrors in the first place!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by inS4ne View Post
    What are the odd's? Might have a flutter myself
    lol, probably better than the Euromillions.

It is a sad state of affairs though, I can imagine that not only do they have your mirrors away, but the probably damage the car too. Sods law will be that you garage it religiously, but they are stolen when parked up else where. I would save the money from the proximity sensor and bank it for replacements should the worst happen. Talking of sods law: I am going to stop talking about this now.

P.S. Do it, buy one.
    Last edited by AuldReekie; 26th June 2009 at 14:57. Reason: fixing the quote bit

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Woke to find mine have been ripped off...leaving broken alu stubs behind...what the???

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well I have some folding parts & the dimming/heated/blind side glass for sale, could rustle up the kit maybe & save hundreds of rrp if interested anyone.

I actually have 80% of the folding kit, which includes the folding mechanics, dimming glass, door modules, door looms & the folding door switch, all I'd need now are the pillars & covers which you can reuse your existing or are readily available from ebay & hundreds less than the 1k tag from audi & that tag doesnt include door modules either, 987 is just for the mirrors themselves no door looms, modules or switch.

PM if interested.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    Woke to find mine have been ripped off...leaving broken alu stubs behind...what the???

effin pr$%&s just buy yours back off ebay next wek..... lol

this is why i dont bother with alu mirrors ...